Quantcast Openbox New firmware May 6 2011 with lan/ftp access and clone kill - FTA Bin Files Servers LinkBox Pinwheel DreamLink Jynxbox IPTV

Members: 164,900
Threads: 149,507
Online: 1103

Newest Member: may1

4K receiver hallo Linkbox Switch nimiq YouTube crack

* New promotion VIP sign up, $1 per month. Click Here for more info. The money will help us with the costs to host and maintain this site *

Go Back   FTA Bin Files Servers LinkBox Pinwheel DreamLink Jynxbox IPTV > FTA Receivers - Discussions & Files > OPENBOX > OPENBOX-S9-HD-PVR > OPENBOX-S9-HD-PVR - Guides and Discussions

Notices

OPENBOX-S9-HD-PVR - Guides and Discussions No Files in This Section

Openbox New firmware May 6 2011 with lan/ftp access and clone kill

OPENBOX-S9-HD-PVR - Guides and Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
Maestro701
Visiting Mod/Admin

Maestro701 has a reputation beyond reputeMaestro701 has a reputation beyond reputeMaestro701 has a reputation beyond reputeMaestro701 has a reputation beyond reputeMaestro701 has a reputation beyond reputeMaestro701 has a reputation beyond reputeMaestro701 has a reputation beyond reputeMaestro701 has a reputation beyond reputeMaestro701 has a reputation beyond reputeMaestro701 has a reputation beyond reputeMaestro701 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Openbox New firmware May 6 2011 with lan/ftp access and clone kill

A new software has come out and with this software there is limited LAN/FTP support and also a way to see if you have a clone box. After running the clone test you can only power the box off/on 10 times and then it bricks the box, their suggestion is if you have a clone box to reflash with its current software before you use the 10 power cycles. I ran the test on my box and the ID it gave back to me is shown in the list of genuine boxes. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. Here's what I did and it went smoothly.

1.- Goto menu - tools - information---press "777777", another code will appear on the screen, called CCID... mine said 0200, yours may be different. just make a note of it.

2.- Make a backup of HDS2_DUMP.abs, TP_PROG.dbs, and if needed CCcam.cfg and to be safe store them on your computer.

3.- Do a FACTORY DEFAULT on the box and it will reboot. You may have to play with the display settings. On your usb stick replace the HDS2_DUMP with the new firmware (HDS2_CMTS_LAN.ABS), leave the other files on the usb stick as you will need them, and connect the memory to the box.

4.- Do an UPGRADE BY USB, it will already have detected the file HDS2_CMTS_LAN.abs. Go to start and it will upgrade, accept the BURN FLASH. when it is finished it will reboot, if you want to be sure power cycle the box.

5.- Now do the same test as in #1 above.. I got 0200:9D1A. if yours is in this list you have a genuine box,
00D0
00EA
085B
0D0C
98A1
98F2
9CF4
9D1Aif not,its a clone and write the HDS2_DUMP.abs back to the box (before you get to that 10 count) and you will be ok.

6.- Now write back the TP_PROG (your TP-PROG will overwrite the European satellites)and CCcam files and when finished power cycle the box. If you use the CCcam file go in and activate your server, it gets reset in the updating. also check the network settings, I use a fixed IP and I had to update the info.

Your box should now be working. I power cycled my box 15 times... its still working.

The STBHD_LAN_MM.rar is for connecting to the box by LAN/FTP, this function will only work with this new version of software. I am still trying to figure it out, but appears that you can dump the indicated files from the box and they go into the directory where the program is being run from. I have not yet tried to load files in this way. It seems the factory is making the box more accesible and hopefully they will come out with a better channel editor.