Quantcast Why am I getting the Clone Error Message - FTA Bin Files Servers LinkBox Pinwheel DreamLink Jynxbox IPTV

Members: 164,899
Threads: 149,506
Online: 1649

Newest Member: lawdog71

4K receiver hallo Linkbox Switch nimiq YouTube crack

* New promotion VIP sign up, $1 per month. Click Here for more info. The money will help us with the costs to host and maintain this site *

Go Back   FTA Bin Files Servers LinkBox Pinwheel DreamLink Jynxbox IPTV > FTA Receivers - Discussions & Files > OPENBOX > OPENBOX-S9-HD-PVR > OPENBOX-S9-HD-PVR - Guides and Discussions

Notices

OPENBOX-S9-HD-PVR - Guides and Discussions No Files in This Section

Why am I getting the Clone Error Message

OPENBOX-S9-HD-PVR - Guides and Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 03:59 PM   #1
Filecasterô
VIP Member

Filecasterô has a reputation beyond reputeFilecasterô has a reputation beyond reputeFilecasterô has a reputation beyond reputeFilecasterô has a reputation beyond reputeFilecasterô has a reputation beyond reputeFilecasterô has a reputation beyond reputeFilecasterô has a reputation beyond reputeFilecasterô has a reputation beyond reputeFilecasterô has a reputation beyond reputeFilecasterô has a reputation beyond reputeFilecasterô has a reputation beyond repute

Default Why am I getting the Clone Error Message

Regarding Dump File Installations ...

It's been brought to my attention, that certain forums are claiming that installing dump.
Files will damage your receiver.
Well if you install the dump/file correctly there will be no problem what so ever.
Problems only occur if and when the installation is not done correctly.

To solve this problem, all you need to do is run the Factory Default first:
Menu -> Tools -> Factory Default.
This will then clear the memory of the users settings, making the installation of a dump/file or any firmware safe and secure to install.

It would seem as though those users who have encountered problems installing software, which is not limited to just firmware or dump files, have inadvertently installed the software incorrectly in some way, and as with most users, it's always far easier to place the blame elsewhere, than admit they made an error themselves, and that's an indication of why only a very limited number of users have encountered any problems, if the dump file or any other file was at fault, then each and every user who installed the file would also encounter the same problems, which is obviously not the case, which goes to show that the majority of users are doing all software installations perfectly correct.

Apparently it's the same forum making these claims, that also claimed to be making and releasing softcams for the OpenBox S9, so please take what you read on those kind of forums with a pinch of salt, as the only thing they are doing correctly is showing how idiotic they really are, as if making claims of releasing a softcam was not embarrassing enough for them, now they claim installing dump files will destroy your receiver, so why do the OpenBox offer users a Dump option, well lets all wait and see, and maybe they will find another completely inaccurate explanation to post for our enlightenment in time.

Take the time to read the instructions contained within the zip file, of course if any of the original files are missing, or any extra files included, then the file have obviously been tampered with in one way or another, and should therefore obviously be avoided, and not installed.

Each of our zipped L53 dump files, will consist of the following 4 files only:
1 .. HDS2_L53_MOD file
2 .. Constant file
3 .. Replace file
4 .. Instructions file.

THERES NO LOGICAL REASON FOR REMOVING, EDITING OR INCLUDING ANY FILES TO THE ORIGINAL ZIP.

So why am I getting the Clone Error Message:

I've been in touch with one of the manufactures of the OpenBox, and apparently this can be caused by installing the Firmware, Dump or Misc files incorrectly, if for example you install new firmware or files without first removing the old one, it can on occasions, depending upon the size and file being installed become to large for the allocated space assigned for software updates, and as parts of the previous file was not removed, it will take up a portion of the allotted space required by the new update, as certain elements or parts of the installation can then end up overwriting, and damaging the bootloader, which will then give the Clone error message, as the software has corrupted the bootloader by overflow.

Try contacting your supplier, and see if he can send you a loader and the required bootloader software [most company's have a loader for re-installing the bootloader software, but they prefer not to make them public downloads] and you should be able to fix the problem yourself, that is if it is a bootloader problem.

(S9)

Filecasterô Version 1.6 for vBulletinģ Copyright ©2005-2013, Autobot Software Ltd.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
Filecasterô
VIP Member

Filecasterô has a reputation beyond reputeFilecasterô has a reputation beyond reputeFilecasterô has a reputation beyond reputeFilecasterô has a reputation beyond reputeFilecasterô has a reputation beyond reputeFilecasterô has a reputation beyond reputeFilecasterô has a reputation beyond reputeFilecasterô has a reputation beyond reputeFilecasterô has a reputation beyond reputeFilecasterô has a reputation beyond reputeFilecasterô has a reputation beyond repute

Default Update from manufacturer regarding OpenBox clones [15 March 2011]

Update from manufacturer regarding OpenBox clones [15 March 2011]

Quote:
If the receiver is an openbox clone, and the user upgrade with our official software, it will be dead!

I asked how one can determine which openbox is genuine and which is a clone.
I am still awaiting a responce from them.
So for now if you have an openbox with a different name, such as Bolt for example, 'THEN DO NOT UPDATE THE FIRMWARE.'

My advice would be to ask the supplier if the receiver is genuine, and not a clone.
Then if you do end up with a clone version of the openbox,
you will then be in a position to make a claim against the supplier.

(laurals53)

Filecasterô Version 1.6 for vBulletinģ Copyright ©2005-2013, Autobot Software Ltd.
Closed Thread