Quantcast My Friends Jynxbox - FTA Bin Files Servers LinkBox Pinwheel MegaTVi Jynxbox iLink

Members: 154,287
Threads: 103,679
Online: 395

Newest Member: alexis2007

1000.2 dish activa binfile BsCrz9 channel list channel problem COOLVIEW X3 Dongle Setting Dreamlink T5 server setup Fixing boot loop freesat 800hd fta dish FTA no dish Hard Drive DVR hd channels iks4less in Jynxbox Clone Safe Jynxbox HD No Picture Fix JynxBox M6 Linbox 300 File Linkbox 300A - SID Linkbox 300A file Linkbox 8000 HD Linkbox 8000 HD Local Linkbox 8000 Setup Server LinkBox Giveaway Linkbox HD 8000 LinkBox Local New File LinkBox Plus New File lnb & switch info LS400 ls500 LS500 board Mega TV file mega tvi MegaTVI Review Mega TVi SHD3000 Missing channels NANO HD Navi-X Need Help newbi nfucion Private Reset password sat 129 SG2100 motor sonicview 360 Sonicview power supply sv8000hd viewsat viewsat platinum lite Viewsat Ultra VPN client WIZ110SR from 4.31 to 4.12

* New promotion VIP sign up, $1 per month. Click Here for more info. The money will help us with the costs to host and maintain this site *

Go Back   FTA Bin Files Servers LinkBox Pinwheel MegaTVi Jynxbox iLink > FTA Receivers - Discussions & Files > JynxBox > Jynxbox Ultra HD

Notices

My Friends Jynxbox

Jynxbox Ultra HD

Old 12-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
js3811
Super Moderator

js3811 has a reputation beyond reputejs3811 has a reputation beyond reputejs3811 has a reputation beyond reputejs3811 has a reputation beyond reputejs3811 has a reputation beyond reputejs3811 has a reputation beyond reputejs3811 has a reputation beyond reputejs3811 has a reputation beyond reputejs3811 has a reputation beyond reputejs3811 has a reputation beyond reputejs3811 has a reputation beyond repute

Default My Friends Jynxbox

My friend got a new jynxbox about 2 weeks ago.We then installed the jb200 & firmware(at that time it was 217).Did a factory default & hard reboot.We then set up sats 119,110,& 129 & OCS-DP.He uses dishpro lnbs & dpp44 switch with power inserter.We then started scanning each sat individually.As it's scanning,we noticed it was skipping all the horizontal tp's.We know for sure that all his equipment is good as his viewsat 9000hd & ilink 9500 works with no problem.We tried everything & still it skipped all the horizontal tp's on all 3 sats.We then emailed the seller & ok'ed the return of the jb200 & he sent my friend a new one.We installed the new one 3 days ago.We then installed the new 233 firmware,did a factory default & hard reboot.We then set up 119,110,& 129 with OCS-DP.We start to scan 119 first.It was now scanning the the verticle & horizontal tp's but still skipped 2 tp's(not spot beam).We then started scanning 110 & that skipped 5 tp's(not spot beams) & scanned 129 & skipped 5 tp's(not spot beams).This had us going crazy as to why it's skipping these tp's.I did some searching on different sites & came across a thread on another site posted by Comsat where he was having problems & ended up buying a new switch & that fixed his problem.Well...I figured even though there's nothing wrong with the dpp44 that we should try a different switch as there's nothing to lose.My friend had a dp34 so we hooked that up.We then did another factory default & hard reboot.We again set up 119,110,& 129 using OCS-DP.We started to scan each sat & this time it scanned ALL the tp's.We then started checking the channels & even though it scanned all the tp's,we noticed alot of channels missing.This had us stumped.We even tried manually scanning the tp's with the missing channels & still wouldn't bring in those channels.So as a last resort,we reinstalled the 217 firmware,factory default & hard reboot.we set up the 3 sats again & rescanned.This time it scanned All tp's again & also we got all the channels.He is now a happy camper.I must say that even though there are still some problems yet to be ironed out & i'm sure that they will be over time that this receiver is outstanding.The picture & color looks fabulous on his 50" plasma.

Take care.

This site doesn't condone or support the use of iks private servers or public servers or sks servers & neither do I

I may not always be right but i'm never wrong

Last edited by js3811; 12-11-2012 at 07:51 PM.
js3811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:30 AM   #2
joefax
VIP Member

joefax is an unknown quantity at this point

hi joe fax here we are planning on getting a jynx box how are the record features & epg if you use those. yet. i going with the two tunner set. also does the power inster make a big difference.
joefax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #3
js3811
Super Moderator

js3811 has a reputation beyond reputejs3811 has a reputation beyond reputejs3811 has a reputation beyond reputejs3811 has a reputation beyond reputejs3811 has a reputation beyond reputejs3811 has a reputation beyond reputejs3811 has a reputation beyond reputejs3811 has a reputation beyond reputejs3811 has a reputation beyond reputejs3811 has a reputation beyond reputejs3811 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefax View Post
hi joe fax here we are planning on getting a jynx box how are the record features & epg if you use those. yet. i going with the two tunner set. also does the power inster make a big difference.
Hey J,
The picture & color from the jynxbox is fantastic but the record/playback has problems.If you're using dishpro lnb's for 119,110,& 129,then you'll need to use a dpp44 switch with the power inserter.
If your main thing is recording & playback,then you may wanna check out the new kid on the block.
http://www.ftaconcept.com/showthread.php?t=103789

http://www.ftaconcept.com/showthread.php?t=103879

Take care.

This site doesn't condone or support the use of iks private servers or public servers or sks servers & neither do I

Old 03-30-2013, 08:34 AM   #4
joefax
VIP Member

hey thinks i like it , but i need a dual tunner to watch & record somes soap opera i can say who?
if it wasnt for that i read a book or go fishing. but she make me very un happy in one way or another
alsoi say a post from jynx group they stated in maybe 2 to 3 weeks every thing would be good also
if i go with them i want the dual tunner for educational purposes i might want to ck out the above mention sats inderstand ill need 2 of the jb200 tunner modules.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:38 AM   #5
joefax
VIP Member

also on the record issue some one mention usb hard drive with a seperate power supply. saw that in a forum

j. fax
Old 03-30-2013, 10:29 AM   #6
js3811
Super Moderator

Quote:
hey thinks i like it , but i need a dual tunner to watch & record somes soap opera i can say who?
if it wasnt for that i read a book or go fishing. but she make me very un happy in one way or another
alsoi say a post from jynx group they stated in maybe 2 to 3 weeks every thing would be good also
if i go with them i want the dual tunner for educational purposes i might want to ck out the above mention sats inderstand ill need 2 of the jb200 tunner modules.
Quote:
also on the record issue some one mention usb hard drive with a seperate power supply. saw that in a forum

j. fax
Hey J,
You can add a 2nd jb200 to the jynxbox.You'd need to run separate cables(1 for each jb200).Also it records & plays back fine,the only thing that's screwed up is the fast forward & rewind.Just make sure the hdd is formatted in NTFS.
When you purchase an external hdd,it comes with the power supply.

Take care.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #7
Surreptitiousss
Administrator

Surreptitiousss has disabled reputation

You may want to wait until the new file is out & working as you expect. We have seen many unfilled promises over the years & I'm not saying this won't happen but better to be sure. I've not seen a jynxbox yet but many of the newer generation of boxes do not fill the guide like the old ones did. If you only get 2 hours in the EPG you can't program the receiver to record unless it will except programing by time besides by program. Something to keep in mind.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:08 PM   #8
joefax
VIP Member

thanks so much for you advice. i try to hang on if i find good dual unit i will be good
still playing with alien2 there really no great guide for possibly looking at sats 110 for educational purposes if learn how to set up correctly ill be good then i would still add the jynbox or any good dual tunner then i am done.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:25 PM   #9
Surreptitiousss
Administrator

Surreptitiousss has disabled reputation

Alien2 was not made for testing - maybe someday.
There are very few dual tuners & the only hd is the jynxbox.
You can always buy 2 receivers. If you don't need HD for the soaps get one of the sd boxes that have a good working recorder then you would be free to get any HD box not just a two tuner model. Another possibility is to get a stand alone dvd or hhd recorder & use a reliable (changes chs) SD box with it. I have a series 1 Tivo & it works great to record to but it is only SD. Not always best to tie yourself to one system.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #10
joefax
VIP Member

yes have i am thinking about that is well / still thinking sbout selling the allien but its got so much going for it. hope jynxs will come through and make it better all way round / money still tight and ill know
everybody will be watching to see if jynx box comes through. i almost want to get one today while my my woman out of town. but if it does not work out. & she felt i wasted some more money i am in trouble.
ill be writting you from the time out conner.
j. fax

Last edited by joefax; 03-30-2013 at 05:10 PM. Reason: bad spelling