Quantcast Need help with Amazonas. - FTA Bin Files, Servers, LinkBox, Pinwheel, DreamLink, Jynxbox, iLink, Sonicview

Members: 152,905
Threads: 100,840
Online: 296

Newest Member: FTA_N00B

1000.2 dish activa Bandwidth binfile BsCrz9 channel list channel problem COOLVIEW X3 Dongle Setting Dreamlink T5 server setup Fixing boot loop freesat 800hd fta dish FTA no dish Hard Drive DVR iks4less in iLink 9800 HD setup Jynxbox Clone Safe Jynxbox HD No Picture Fix JynxBox M6 Linbox 300 File Linkbox 300A - SID Linkbox 300A file Linkbox 8000 HD Linkbox 8000 HD Local Linkbox 8000 Setup Server LinkBox Giveaway Linkbox HD 8000 LinkBox Local New File LinkBox Plus New File lnb & switch info LS400 ls500 LS500 board Mega TV file MegaTVI Review Mega TVi SHD3000 Missing channels NANO HD Navi-X newbi nfucion Private sat 129 SG2100 motor sonicview 360 Sonicview power supply Star Cricket Star TV sv8000hd viewsat viewsat platinum lite VPN client WIZ110SR from 4.31 to 4.12

* New promotion VIP sign up, $1 per month. Click Here for more info. The money will help us with the costs to host and maintain this site *

Go Back   FTA Bin Files, Servers, LinkBox, Pinwheel, DreamLink, Jynxbox, iLink, Sonicview > General FTA Information > General FTA Discussion

Notices

Need help with Amazonas.

General FTA Discussion

Old 11-11-2010, 08:53 AM   #1
lex2007
Bronze Member

lex2007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Need help with Amazonas.

Hi all I'm looking everywhere to get some information on Amazonas at 61 west.
First I'm living on a very corrupt island that's located to the north of Venezuela.
The government made it a law that we can't buy a dishnetwork receiver from the U.S.A and bring it over.
We have to buy it locally.
But the local dishnetwork provider sells only dp311 for like $3000.
That's a redicilous price.
My dp311 went out since 2008.
I now use my big motorized c band dish for fta programming.
But the thing is Im can't get the pay channels I used to get when I subed to dishnet.
My dish only gets till 69 west so I can't get on Amazonas but I have the channel master dish on the roof I used for Dishnet but I need to re aim the dish and change the LNB.
Now my question is:
Is it worth the money.
And how does it work I know you have to download keys but how often do I need new keys and will I suffer from downtime a lot between the loading and waiting for new keys.
And also what's the best site for keys?
I heard XXXXFTA.com has the keys for Amazonas do any of you use that?
I hope to get some information I just asked this question on an other site but now I go back to the site and I don't get the forum I get a bunch of Dishnetwork news.
I know that in the U.S.A they want everybody to stop using big dishes because they are old but here in this 3rd world country I have no choice.
Please help us to get better tv.
And when I load the Bin file can I keep using my receiver for regular Fta?
Or will it only work for Amazonas?
My receiver has to seperate tuners for 2 seperate satelittes so I tought one for the Amazonas Satelitte and one for the regular big Satelite I use for FTa.

Last edited by Surreptitiousss; 11-11-2010 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Most links, live or not, are not allowed
lex2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #2
Dish expert
Platinum Member

Dish expert has a reputation beyond reputeDish expert has a reputation beyond reputeDish expert has a reputation beyond reputeDish expert has a reputation beyond reputeDish expert has a reputation beyond reputeDish expert has a reputation beyond reputeDish expert has a reputation beyond reputeDish expert has a reputation beyond reputeDish expert has a reputation beyond reputeDish expert has a reputation beyond reputeDish expert has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to the site make yourself at home. what type of receiver do you have?
Old 11-11-2010, 02:40 PM   #3
conanenterprises
VIP Member

conanenterprises has a reputation beyond reputeconanenterprises has a reputation beyond reputeconanenterprises has a reputation beyond reputeconanenterprises has a reputation beyond reputeconanenterprises has a reputation beyond reputeconanenterprises has a reputation beyond reputeconanenterprises has a reputation beyond reputeconanenterprises has a reputation beyond reputeconanenterprises has a reputation beyond reputeconanenterprises has a reputation beyond reputeconanenterprises has a reputation beyond repute

Hi brother Welcome to Fta concept. As for your question about using IKS (internet key sharing) and FTA together, yes it will work. Many folks back in the day had B3V and DN for that very reason. As for downtime, yes, there is downtime for all recievers once and a while, some more than others.

As for is it worth it, tough to say, what is TV worth to you? As for how to do it, there are many posts for many different recievers on different products.

You can check out lyngsat.com to help for true fta on your C band.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:58 AM   #4
lex2007
Bronze Member

I have a Pansat 6000hxc.
It has 2 tuners so I can hook up 2 different sats and it can also connect to the computer via USB.
And how much is tv worth to me?
Well a lot!!!!!
The thing is we live in a very corrupt island the government owns everything including the cable company but the cable company is very lousy.
At first they are still analog and never heard of digital and they still have mono sound not Stereo so my surround system will be useless with them.
Also they don't carry the channels we want.
My live in girlfriend has a daughter she used to watch the Disney channel a lot on Dishnet.
But since the dp311 went we couldn't get that I also miss some sports channels,real movie channels and stuff like that.
But the situation is here with these corrupt people everything costs a lot of money.
I have to pay a HUGE AMOUND of money to get on the internet but it's still to slow for video so I can't use the internet to watch tv.
Telephone is a mess they never heard of Call waiting,call forwarding and things like that and smartphones well forget about it.
I'm stuck here because it's all my girlfriends fault because when I had the money to go to europe my girlfriend didn't want to go and now she wants to go but we can't go cause we're so broke.
She just got a new job but everybody thinks the new business will go bankrupt in less then a year and I am now unemployed.
I am so pissed of at this 3rd world country or should I call it a 4th world country because Venezuela is a 3rd world country but they are better then everything then us.
And me my mentallity is to advanced to live in such an amish paradise.
I know Amazonas is all in spanish but I don't care I just want to know how to get it going and is it worth it.
Some people say I need a receiver that can connect directly to the internet but mine can't do that but it can connect to a computer so I need to know.
I already have fta I watch a lot of duth tv(BVN) and listen to spanish radio or I watch Nasa channel,PBS and different other things.
BUt I want to keep watching fta when I use Amazona so I need to know if I don't have to erase the fta channels to get amazonas.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:58 AM   #5
Dish expert
Platinum Member

Dish expert has a reputation beyond reputeDish expert has a reputation beyond reputeDish expert has a reputation beyond reputeDish expert has a reputation beyond reputeDish expert has a reputation beyond reputeDish expert has a reputation beyond reputeDish expert has a reputation beyond reputeDish expert has a reputation beyond reputeDish expert has a reputation beyond reputeDish expert has a reputation beyond reputeDish expert has a reputation beyond repute

amazonas is not so bad they have a nice english line up. are you aim to amazonas sat currently? I am not sure but I think its only sonicview and satzen have support for amazonas but I can give you the active keys and let you try it in your box and see if it work. you don't need to erase the channels all you have to do is scan the amazonas satellite and save the channels once the other channels are free the will work no matter which software is loaded because they don't work with the encryption section
Old 11-13-2010, 01:59 PM   #6
lex2007
Bronze Member

Thanks dish expert.
And no I'm not aimed at Amazonas right now.
The thing is my big dish goes till 69 west it doesn't go further east but I'm not planning tp use that one for Amazonas.
The dish I want to use is a fixed Channelmaster 1.2 meter dish.
That's the dish I used for dishnet when I had my dp311 when it died I didn't bother to go take that dish now it is still on the roof but it has a circular lnb I need to change to linear.
And the thing is this is a 3rd workld country or should I say 4th so dish parts like lnb I can't get anywhere else locally.
But my aunt lives in Houston she has to buy the LNB for me and send me it and it would take 1 month to arrive.
And the thing is I don't know what LNB to buy because It's a channel master 1.2.meter dish.
Are you familiar with channel master dishes?
Do they use the same LNB as the big dishes use?
I think I need to buy a new Ku band LNB and a POLOROTOR?
and then something to control the polorotor with?
Because my gi dsr 922 control 1 polorotor on the big dish but I guess it can't control 2 so problably I need another old receiver to turn the poplorotor on the other dish.
And 1 other thing.
How do I aim?
Because on this island nobody has a compass.
The dish is now pointed at 119 dishnetworks sat.
I saw lyngsat and I saw that Amazonas is at 61 degrees and echostar is at 61.5!!!!!
That scares me a lot because on my big dish even with 2 degrees difference I sometimes get interference from the sat next to it.
Thos is just 0.5 degrees so I need to measure EXACTLY and nobody has instruments to do that.
I'm planning to just tune in to a channel on that sat and keep aiming till I get that channel at the highest quality.
It will take hours but I hope I can make it work because what actually concerns me is the 0.5 degrees of space between Amazonas and Echostar.
When I finished doing that then I can start with keys.
But you say the keys doesn't work with my receivers.
Why?
Does keys have to be written for EACH EXISTING receivers?
Because I know that if it's a bin file my receiver is suppose to receive it without problems it's got great connectivity with a computer and everything.
But that's the problem nobody here on this island knows about this kind of stuff.
So I need to try everything myself nobody to help me.
I have to bother you guys a lot to explain some things to me that I won't understand.
I have been with Satelitte a long time actually I have the big dish since 1992 but back then everything was different because it was all analog.
Then in 2004 I got dishnet and it lasted till 2008.
Now I"m back with big dish but now it's gone digital so all this is new to me so it's like learning evrything back again.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:27 AM   #7
Dish expert
Platinum Member

the keys doesn't work for me what the provider does is send out a ecm to black the receiver from receiving the channels to unblack it. no telefonica file is been release for your receiver so it could be down. what type of internet do you have? is it unlimited? you can check dih pointer.com to find how to point you dish. instead of buying a LNB you could buy a new receiver and gain back 119 programing.they are about 4 echostar satellite out. they are located at 61.5w, 110w, 119w and 129w. 61.5w is very near to amazonas.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:38 AM   #8
lex2007
Bronze Member

No I can't get back to dishnet.
That's the thing the government doesn't allow Dishnetworks receivers to be brought in from other countries.
The reason for that is that the government owns the local cable company we only have one cable company that the government owns but it's bad the channels I want they don't even have and they are still analog and worse they have MONO SOUND not Stereo.
So the sound will be very flat and no surround effects on my system.
The same cable company is also a dishnetwork dealer BUT they only sell dp311 for $3000!!!!!!!!!!
That's to much money right now I don't have the money but even if I did I wouldn't buy it because dp311 is standard definition and in the U.S.A things are progressing very fast so soon I think they will stop uplinking standard def.channels and uplink only hd.
Then the $3000 receiver would be a paperweight.
The only thing I CAN bring from other countrys are FTA receivers because they don't get the major cable channels anyway (at least they thinkso) so we can bring those.
But I think the process of setting up stuff for amazonas is gonna take a long time maybe a year.
Because I need to order the LNB and IF only IF I can aim at Amazonas and get it right I have to start experimenting with keys.
If the keys don't work with my receiver then I have to buy another receiver that works with Amazonas but I was hoping that it would work with my Pansat because it has a hard disk drive so I can use it as a DVR.
BUt is not I'm gonna need to buy a new receiver.
I'm also reading a lot about IKS.
It seems you need a receiver that can connect directly to the internet for that.
I don't know if My Pansat can.
And you asked me about my internet.
That's the other problem.
I don;t know if I can run IKS with the peace of crap we have here for provider.
The provider is also owned by the government and it's the only provider we have.
They're internet is A MESS.
At first it's slow and it's not stable.
Sometimes the connection drops and comes back on in 5 minutes and sometimes it goes down and never comes back up.
The thing is this is a 3th world country so only like 10% of the people living on the island are connected to the internet.
So they don't care to mantain it.
They only have technicians during the office hours like MON to FRI 8:00am-4:00pm.
If something goes wrong like at 7pm like the connection goes down you have to wait till the following morning so they can fix it.
If they have problems on a friday night then you can expect the service to come back up till MOnday morning.
It's like that.
So I don;t know if that works for me.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:11 AM   #9
torpainter
Visiting Mod/Admin

torpainter has a reputation beyond reputetorpainter has a reputation beyond reputetorpainter has a reputation beyond reputetorpainter has a reputation beyond reputetorpainter has a reputation beyond reputetorpainter has a reputation beyond reputetorpainter has a reputation beyond reputetorpainter has a reputation beyond reputetorpainter has a reputation beyond reputetorpainter has a reputation beyond reputetorpainter has a reputation beyond repute

stability IS the key to iks If you dont have a stable server there I suggest you forget it
Currently sonicview is one receiver that has free standing amazonas support There are probably others
torpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:56 PM   #10
Dish expert
Platinum Member

I was suggesting you to get back dish with iks but if you internet is not stable it don't make any sense as if internet goes do so do tv. what you can do when you buy your lnb you can get a satellite meter and a compass each cost under us$10 to help you find amazonas and you can consider you might find amazonas and can't view the channels because your receiver can't unlock the channels. rumors are out thet amazonas should go n3 soon so we don't know when we will stop viewing amazonas channels so I won't advice you to buy a receiver and it go by a week.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:27 AM   #11
lex2007
Bronze Member

Yeah that's the thing I think I will forget it.
I talked to my girlfriend about this and this doesn't seem like it can become a reality.
At first I tought that my Pansat will be the perfect receiver because it has 2 tuners and I still have my old Dishnet dish up on the roof so all I will need is an LNB and the bin files.
But now we're talking about buying a new reveiver especially for Amazonas plus electricity is VERY EXPENSIVE here and if we run 3 receivers we're gonna geta huge bill.
We are getting a lot of damage to the house and the car now due to torrential ran that's been going on since mid sept so to spend money on the sat thing is just not justified now.
I guess I'll have to keep standing to the freakish cartoons on Qubo that my daughter watches because our country is so corupt it's really impossible to get good tv.
I tought this was easy I know not everything is legal but I mean if they charge people for keys the least they can do is make one for every brand of receiver not only for 1 receiver that complicates teh whole matter.
So Forget about it.
I'll have to deal with the annoying cartoon sound in my house from Qubo for the rest of my life at this dumb of an siland we live on.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:01 PM   #12
Dish expert
Platinum Member

the sonicview 360 is a real deal because it comes with a adaptor so if you get a sonicview you can watch amazonas and if it go down you can use the adaptor with iks and you don't have to use your pansat as it will work with fta like the pansat. you can get used sonicview 360 on *bay for under US$100 so you can consider it we you have the extra cash. you can feel free to ask for help later if you need any help
Old 11-19-2010, 07:54 AM   #13
lex2007
Bronze Member

That's the thing it can't
Yesterday my girlfriend decided to ask me what we really need.
She even asked me about the very expensive boxes I've been talking about.
The thing is I can't use THE SAME DISH for regular fta AND amazonas because the FTA dish only goes till 69 west.
IT DOESN"T GO FURTHER EAST.
So I'll need to use the small 1.2 meter channel master dish for that.
IF that would work for the Pansat it would be great because the Pansat has 2 tuners so I CAN CONNECT 2 different sats at this box.
BUt this is the ONLY BOX in the world that has 2 tuners all the other ones just have one.
And the other problem is that Fta is a very inferior thing so you don't find listings for fta channels anywere because nobody uses it just me on this dump of an island.
Lyngsat is so out of date some channels they list as encrypted but if fact THEY ARE FREE and some the other way around.
Fta changes frequently so I regularly have to scan and the only receivers that DO SCAN are Pansat receivers.
That's what I told my girlfriend yesterday I wanted the Dreambox.
That's a receiver they make in Germany that runs on LINUX OPERATING SYSTEM.
IT comes with a hard drive also and is great.
But it won't work on my system it's all Pal so it's got scart connectors and my system in NTSC so it won't work here.
BUt I can get the AZ box out of Houston Texas BUT that one doesn't scan.
So you have to enter everything manually and that won't work for us.
Plus I don't have any room to connect anything anymore.
I have a 4dtv receiver a Wii,the Pansat and an dvd vcr combo.
There is no room for video devices anymore just audio devices so I can't ad 1 extra receiver just for Amazonas that's way to much.
Plus these devices need to be plugged in constantly 24 hours a day and that uses a lot of electricity.
I think maybe in a year I'll problebly move to a better country maybe Canary Islands or something then I can get better tv.
Right now we've got no choice but to live with this crap.
And actually at this dump of an Island we should be thankful we even HAVE this FTA crap.
Because many people don't have this because they don't know how to set it up it's because of my knowledge we even have it.
Because for a lot of people it's comlicated to set up and you don't get anything locally.
I'm lucky I have a connection with my aunt in Houston to sent me stuff otherwise I wouldn't be able to even get my hands on these kinds of stuff.
But thanks anyway for helping.
I know it's my problem that I live on an island that's still stuck in 1985 so it's all right.
If i lived in the U.S.A i would have just gotten dishnet.it's so cheap there and they give free receivers to people but over here it's not like that so that's why we go thru all that trouble
Old 11-20-2010, 09:36 PM   #14
Dish expert
Platinum Member

The sonicview 360 elite is a dual tuner and it have 3 USB port so you can connect a external hard drive if you want to record and it also have the blind scan feature. I not sure but I think the sonicview 360 elite is the only dual tuner iks capable receiver. you don't have to keep your receiver plug in 24 hour you can plug it in when needed or you can get a power strip and plug all your appliance in and switch it on when needed you could save alot of electricity that way.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:47 AM   #15
lex2007
Bronze Member

Well here it seems that this is a bigger issue for them right now then I thought it would be.
And on top of that right now we've got a nonstop WORLD RECORD braking torrential rain and now after messing up my house and the car it started to mess up my LNB.
Now my lnb stops working intermiddatly for like 5 minutes then works for like 30 minutes then quits again for 5 minutes.
It looks like we're gonna be out of this fta thing soon too so we got no hopes.
Only the ota work now but that only pics up venezuela channels and those are constantly braking the programming to show 30 minutes bulittins on marches against the government and things like that.
The other thing is I don't understand why sonicview is the only IKS receiver.
Az box is also coming with a Dual tuner receiver that can RECEIVE HD plus it can connect to the internet VIA WIFI.
And I already HAVE a Wifi router.
So would you tell me why they make this so difficult.
The az box can also get fta hd channels and even dvb s2 so it's a good receiver for long term use I don't want SD receivers anymore these will become useless ina year or 2 and I'll have to throw them away.
And this receiver does have scan features it has not even been realeased yet it's new I just saw it on the internet yesterday.
I don't understand why this is so difficult they only make files for the sonicview right now if one day they decide to stop supporting sonicview and make bins for another brand then I'll have to throw my sonicview away and go buy ANOTHER RECEIVER again.
I don't understand even why they will stop supporting the 4dtv by the end of this year.
So right now I don't know what I'm gonna do.
And by the way I'm also seeing this ad about 3m fta or something like that?
It says get all fta channels open WITHOUT INTERNET?
Do you know anything about that and how does it work?
That's sound a little better for me right now.
Let's see.
Man what a punishment livin here.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:55 AM   #16
Dish expert
Platinum Member

sorry to here about the rain maybe as soon as it clear up your lnb will start working. sonicview is not the only box running iks, there are others but sonicview is the only two tuner that run iks. if your are into HD sonicview 8000hd is fully hd and the are more expensive. I don't know about the new box you are talking about but if that is so that would be great if they have a good support because without support the box is nothing. all fta channels are free no matter what brand box. how I see it its just a money making business, if they keep supporting one box the consumer won't buy a new box.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:42 AM   #17
lex2007
Bronze Member

Now what do you mean with SUpporting a BOX?
Supported by who?
The Iks server?
By the way dishexpert you've been a great help so far but is there a way to contact you via E mail or something?
Because the thing is in this house I'm the one who knows more about this kind of stuff but I'm unemployed right now so I'm not the person who's gonna spend the money.
I think it's better if you explain some stuff to the person who's gonna make the purchase because right now it's difficult for me to explain to them and the more I get into this stuff the more complicated it seems to get.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:58 PM   #18
Dish expert
Platinum Member

there are rules on this forum and one of them is you are not allow to post email address in the forum but I will see if I can get a mod to pm it to you.