Quantcast FTA is Far from Over (TDG) - FTA Bin Files Servers LinkBox Pinwheel DreamLink Jynxbox IPTV

Members: 163,970
Threads: 139,327
Online: 5141

Newest Member: niwonogab

b42891 sat's 91-82 Channel Master dish alignment Dreamlink T5 channels DTV dish mod ftaconcept is back!!! IKS south Linkbox 9000I 110 Linkbox IPTV m3u file nano 2 Quetz @ 77w Samsung sat9182 announcement Sonicview bin transponders

* New promotion VIP sign up, $1 per month. Click Here for more info. The money will help us with the costs to host and maintain this site *

Go Back   FTA Bin Files Servers LinkBox Pinwheel DreamLink Jynxbox IPTV > Latest Announcements/News > General FTA news

Notices

General FTA news All latest FTA news and ECM news. No questions asked in here.

FTA is Far from Over (TDG)

General FTA news

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 09:05 PM   #1
Grasshopper
Deadly Soldier

Grasshopper has a reputation beyond reputeGrasshopper has a reputation beyond reputeGrasshopper has a reputation beyond reputeGrasshopper has a reputation beyond reputeGrasshopper has a reputation beyond reputeGrasshopper has a reputation beyond reputeGrasshopper has a reputation beyond reputeGrasshopper has a reputation beyond reputeGrasshopper has a reputation beyond reputeGrasshopper has a reputation beyond reputeGrasshopper has a reputation beyond repute

Default FTA is Far from Over (TDG)

Thanks to coders recent efforts we are all STILL enjoying TV, but the industry itself is in a slump. People are afraid to buy FTA receivers now, due largely to the legal scare tactics used by providers, and the constant barage of ECM's. This is exactly what they wanted, to scare enough people into believing the end is near. This is FAR from the truth! They've thrown everything at us, including timer specific, clock specific, map calls & combinations there of. Each time coders from the various Teams have beaten the providers nastiest ECM's, and shown some true ingenuity in finding solutions. Competition has been excellent and down time has been minimal. We've seen who is on top of the game and surprisingly, MANY have responded and shown their market tenacity to stay in this game. I'm not here to push one brand over the other, quite to the contrary, I'm simply stating for the record, that this game is far from over. We've seen many different manufacturers and coding Teams respond very quickly to the hurdles presented by providers, and this is good. Competition is always healthy for every market. This keeps manufacturers on their toes and brings benefits to us all. What everyone needs to realize is, these last few weeks, providers have pulled out all the stops to try and frustrate coders and testers alike. This has had the desired effect on the market and sales have slowed, but it has also led coders to certain break thru's that just about guarantees less downtime in the future. A few very smart & talented people pooled their info & knowlege and have come out with an actual emulator that works with out a card. The new emulator is actually able to duplicate and emulate all map functions, as well as timers & timer functions, and is clock cycle specific & accurate down to 1 clock cycle. While a complete emulation of the Rom is currently too large to fit in the individual bins, they can now get very specific information that before was hidden. Timer responce times can now be logged, as well as map calls and clock jitter. VERY accurate files can now be written and much quicker than ever before. Barriers between coder groups have been breached. Knowlege is being shared now better than ever before, and much has been learned about providers ecm's and their own limitations. As I stated earlier, I'm not here to push any one brand over the other, I am here to ask you all to take a minute and reflect at how far this entire industry has come. We have benefits and features that were thought impossible at one time, and FTA has evolved into a multi-billion dollar industry! Don't let providers win! Don't give into their scare tactics & don't believe that its anywhere near the end. The way I see it, they've already hit us with their best shot, each time we rallied and came back. That in itself should be comforting enough for all to have Peace of mind enough to make an informed decision, and subsequent purchase of your favorite box without fear that it will all end tomorrow.

Simply put, that aint happening, not tomorrow nor anytime soon. It's "far from over"

Thanks to TDG (Veracity)

GH
Old 01-18-2008, 10:10 PM   #2
johnv832
VIP Member

johnv832 is an unknown quantity at this point

nicely put ! Thanks to u and all the hard working coders, keep up the good works
Old 01-18-2008, 10:23 PM   #3
Gooka Mooka
Bronze Member

Gooka Mooka is an unknown quantity at this point

The coders and everybody else that contributes have my greatest appreciation and I give them my gratitude.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:08 AM   #4
Ashliegh
moral supporter

Ashliegh has a reputation beyond reputeAshliegh has a reputation beyond reputeAshliegh has a reputation beyond reputeAshliegh has a reputation beyond reputeAshliegh has a reputation beyond reputeAshliegh has a reputation beyond reputeAshliegh has a reputation beyond reputeAshliegh has a reputation beyond reputeAshliegh has a reputation beyond reputeAshliegh has a reputation beyond reputeAshliegh has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the update GH
Old 01-19-2008, 05:40 AM   #5
CsFTAForever
Retired Moderator

CsFTAForever is on a distinguished road

Well said GH....keep on testing!!!!!!

Cheers

Please read or search the forums before you post!
Please don't hijack a thread!!!
Above all else have fun!!!
Become a VIP..it goes directly to supporting this site!!!

Old 01-19-2008, 05:55 AM   #6
elderunner
VIP Member

elderunner is a glorious beacon of lightelderunner is a glorious beacon of lightelderunner is a glorious beacon of lightelderunner is a glorious beacon of lightelderunner is a glorious beacon of light

way to go coders! thanx so much for all you do. thanx again for the update GH!
Old 01-19-2008, 07:05 AM   #7
TD52
Super Trucker

TD52 has a reputation beyond reputeTD52 has a reputation beyond reputeTD52 has a reputation beyond reputeTD52 has a reputation beyond reputeTD52 has a reputation beyond reputeTD52 has a reputation beyond reputeTD52 has a reputation beyond reputeTD52 has a reputation beyond reputeTD52 has a reputation beyond reputeTD52 has a reputation beyond reputeTD52 has a reputation beyond repute

ppl do not understand that the FTA was out before there were any DN or Bev receivers..bedfore dave..they had FTA receivers since they have had a BUD...it was a add on to the dish mover..then they added a power supply to the FTA and all was good till they added a VC then they had a extra box to add to the FTA or the all in one receiver..then they started adding the VCII to the receivers...but a FTA has been around a lot longer than anyone of the so called small dish's were released
and DN ( echosphere or Houston Tracker before that ) is the world largest FTA manufactured around...so all a FTA is a competition for them in other countries they sell there stuff at....all a DN or Bev receiver is....is a FTA without the extra satellites but there own and a card slot...and now they don't even have that
Old 01-19-2008, 04:44 PM   #8
SiriusB
Bronze Member

SiriusB is an unknown quantity at this point

Nobody worries.. In the near future, anyone can broadcast any event through Internet with a HD Webcam from your own TV, so everybody could see it. No more Boxes, FTA, Bin Files. OK?
Old 01-19-2008, 05:00 PM   #9
BOBbobBOB
VIP Member

BOBbobBOB has a reputation beyond reputeBOBbobBOB has a reputation beyond reputeBOBbobBOB has a reputation beyond reputeBOBbobBOB has a reputation beyond reputeBOBbobBOB has a reputation beyond reputeBOBbobBOB has a reputation beyond reputeBOBbobBOB has a reputation beyond reputeBOBbobBOB has a reputation beyond reputeBOBbobBOB has a reputation beyond reputeBOBbobBOB has a reputation beyond reputeBOBbobBOB has a reputation beyond repute

Nicely put guys hope this answers question we have been seeing lately! If members will read it!
Old 01-19-2008, 05:59 PM   #10
Flash
Visting Admin

Flash has a reputation beyond reputeFlash has a reputation beyond reputeFlash has a reputation beyond reputeFlash has a reputation beyond reputeFlash has a reputation beyond reputeFlash has a reputation beyond reputeFlash has a reputation beyond reputeFlash has a reputation beyond reputeFlash has a reputation beyond reputeFlash has a reputation beyond reputeFlash has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to say the same thing, but you say It so much better. I was going to say BUY, BUY, BUY and support the companies that provide the equipment and info we need to test.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:36 PM   #11
yumm
Bronze Member

yumm is an unknown quantity at this point

this means sale sale sale an i can bye 2 an 3 at a time. i live between 2 homes an i need 6 more rev
Old 01-24-2008, 08:56 AM   #12
lohen
Bronze Member

lohen is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank youfor the info. Lohen.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:14 AM   #13
satguru
VIP Member

satguru has a reputation beyond reputesatguru has a reputation beyond reputesatguru has a reputation beyond reputesatguru has a reputation beyond reputesatguru has a reputation beyond reputesatguru has a reputation beyond reputesatguru has a reputation beyond reputesatguru has a reputation beyond reputesatguru has a reputation beyond reputesatguru has a reputation beyond reputesatguru has a reputation beyond repute

GH
As usual you provide the most unbiased view on the status of David vs Goliath. Keep up the good work we need you.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:47 PM   #14
SiriusB
Bronze Member

SiriusB is an unknown quantity at this point

I decided to go FTA not too long ago. At first time the Bin Files used to last 3 to 4 months.
Im a cable TV subscriber and watched games that I cant see in my cable connection. Now with the Bin Files lasting only 3 days and going Black Out for a week, FTA is going to be thing of the past. People would get discouraged and would invest in FTA receivers, and other equipment. I was thinking in getting a new Receiver but now I might not do it until I see a change. Many people would think about it and the sales of FTA equipment would go down.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:29 AM   #15
mustang1951
Bronze Member

mustang1951 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks to all
Old 01-29-2008, 05:53 AM   #16
Squidbaby
Bronze Member

Squidbaby is an unknown quantity at this point

FTA is NOT dead , unless you are the unfortunate owner of a Coolsat box !!!!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2008, 06:24 AM   #17
changdamyeuem
VIP Member

changdamyeuem has a reputation beyond reputechangdamyeuem has a reputation beyond reputechangdamyeuem has a reputation beyond reputechangdamyeuem has a reputation beyond reputechangdamyeuem has a reputation beyond reputechangdamyeuem has a reputation beyond reputechangdamyeuem has a reputation beyond reputechangdamyeuem has a reputation beyond reputechangdamyeuem has a reputation beyond reputechangdamyeuem has a reputation beyond reputechangdamyeuem has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusB View Post
I decided to go FTA not too long ago. At first time the Bin Files used to last 3 to 4 months.
Im a cable TV subscriber and watched games that I cant see in my cable connection. Now with the Bin Files lasting only 3 days and going Black Out for a week, FTA is going to be thing of the past. People would get discouraged and would invest in FTA receivers, and other equipment. I was thinking in getting a new Receiver but now I might not do it until I see a change. Many people would think about it and the sales of FTA equipment would go down.

This is what providers want people think.
Closed Thread