Quantcast Can Someone Find me with my IP Address? - Page 2 - FTA Bin Files Servers LinkBox Pinwheel DreamLink Jynxbox IPTV

Members: 163,766
Threads: 137,734
Online: 4014

Newest Member: iptvg5

Channel Master dish alignment Dreamlink T5 channels ftaconcept is back!!! IKS south Linkbox 9000I 110 Linkbox IPTV m3u file nano 2 Quetz @ 77w Samsung Sonicview bin transponders

* New promotion VIP sign up, $1 per month. Click Here for more info. The money will help us with the costs to host and maintain this site *

Go Back   FTA Bin Files Servers LinkBox Pinwheel DreamLink Jynxbox IPTV > Latest Announcements/News > General FTA news

Notices

General FTA news All latest FTA news and ECM news. No questions asked in here.

Can Someone Find me with my IP Address?

General FTA news

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 12:33 PM   #21
ukrkoz

for Comcast users:

you want to go there and disable clicktale:

We restrict access to personal information to a limited number of ClickTale employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.

If you wish, you can select to be excluded from monitoring by our service by following this link: http://www.clicktale.net/disable.html.

Disclosure of your Information

We respect and protect your privacy, but it is possible that we may be required to provide information about you to a court or law enforcement agency. We will only disclose your information if we are legally required to do so—if we receive a valid subpoena, court order, or search warrant, for example.

this is latest, up to date CC policy. I've heard some strange rumors otherwise, so it is what it is.
Code:
http://xfinity.comcast.net/privacy/2011-03/

Old 08-03-2011, 03:44 PM   #22
Surreptitiousss
Administrator

Surreptitiousss has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubricantes View Post
My question is...???
what can happend if you find you use an anthena (one of those used to access a an open signal from your local BK or other place) and using a dedicated PC (with no other info than the OS)transfer the signal to your box?????

Most people that are using an antenna in order to borrow internet service from an open wifi do not use a pc, other then to set up. Many use an Router/AP. This one was recommended by a member TP-LINK Technologies TL-WA5110G 54M High Power Wireless Access Point. It can work with an outdoor antenna such as TL-ANT2409B or TL-WA5210G.

Code:
http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/?categoryid=217
http://www.tp-link.com/in/products/?categoryid=1246
If you don't want to use a router & just borrow wifi there is a seller on ebay that looks interesting. You hook straight to usb port of pc.
Code:
http://cgi.ebay.com/160449626018?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp5197.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D160449626018%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1
Let us know how you make out.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:45 PM   #23
dman999
♠♣M@ste® B®ewe®♥♦

dman999 has a reputation beyond reputedman999 has a reputation beyond reputedman999 has a reputation beyond reputedman999 has a reputation beyond reputedman999 has a reputation beyond reputedman999 has a reputation beyond reputedman999 has a reputation beyond reputedman999 has a reputation beyond reputedman999 has a reputation beyond reputedman999 has a reputation beyond reputedman999 has a reputation beyond repute

One thing to keep in mind is that a router stores your MAC address from your NIC when it assigns an IP address. That is unique to a PC so that will tie a PC to a router.

Also. Since the RIAA are most interested in unreleased movies (still at the theater), those are the ones they may focus on more. Not to mention music is high on their list.

----

What I post are my theories and are to be used for educational purposes only. I DO NOT condone piracy or illegal activities! ~DMan

Instant V.I.P. Access..Receiver Reviews..Satellite Terms..Dishpointer.. DishUser ...LNB Types..
Cancel Subscription Renewals..Fat32 Format..Is B3V Up?..Alternate Payment Method...Lyngsat

Old 08-04-2011, 10:17 AM   #24
ukrkoz

MAC is easily changeable off router log in. Done it several times in a row. cloning or physical re-entering several digits. then, you release IP, shut everything down, reboot, acquire IP again.
It apparently worked on W XP, as I had it done before. was banned from a forum, after got into argument with a mod on specific help provided. They did not "allow" it then. so I did that MAC cloning and Ip release and was back there again. funny, same mod is giving advices on the same topic he banned me for, now.
but it's irrelevant. tried several times, does not work on W7. same IP comes back.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:31 PM   #25
bc316
Bronze Member

bc316 is an unknown quantity at this point

One thing you can do to protect yourself is to run TOR. www.torproject.org

-BC
Old 01-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #26
hughg88
Bronze Member

hughg88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I use SSL as my default setting on my web browser. Sometimes I use proxy servers but not always. Also DNS crypt functions confuse any one tracking my IPs between www sites. So far ,so good. Google will keep your browsing history unless you request different. Worst case scenario for experienced users only, PGP plus encrypted workstation data for the REALLY PARANOID. If you are are familiar with data
recovery methods and wish to keep sensitive data from recovery wiping of hard drive and other storage media should be overwritten with 0s and 1s at least once. DOD either uses 7pass overwriting. Occasionally I wipe free space because cached data can be visible during active use. All
operating systems have to cache data for operation.
GLH
Old 01-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #27
fatcatwithTVremote
Bronze Member

fatcatwithTVremote has a reputation beyond reputefatcatwithTVremote has a reputation beyond reputefatcatwithTVremote has a reputation beyond reputefatcatwithTVremote has a reputation beyond reputefatcatwithTVremote has a reputation beyond reputefatcatwithTVremote has a reputation beyond reputefatcatwithTVremote has a reputation beyond reputefatcatwithTVremote has a reputation beyond reputefatcatwithTVremote has a reputation beyond reputefatcatwithTVremote has a reputation beyond reputefatcatwithTVremote has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughg88 View Post
I use SSL as my default setting on my web browser. Sometimes I use proxy servers but not always. Also DNS crypt functions confuse any one tracking my IPs between www sites. So far ,so good. Google will keep your browsing history unless you request different. Worst case scenario for experienced users only, PGP plus encrypted workstation data for the REALLY PARANOID. If you are are familiar with data
recovery methods and wish to keep sensitive data from recovery wiping of hard drive and other storage media should be overwritten with 0s and 1s at least once. DOD either uses 7pass overwriting. Occasionally I wipe free space because cached data can be visible during active use. All
operating systems have to cache data for operation.
GLH
that sounds totally cool.
now, any chance of having this in English, and with step by step guides?
Closed Thread