Quantcast Another FTA Site Closes - FTA Bin Files Servers LinkBox Pinwheel DreamLink Jynxbox IPTV

Members: 164,027
Threads: 139,839
Online: 4880

Newest Member: Williamg

b42891 sat's 91-82 Channel Master dish alignment Dreamlink T5 channels DTV dish mod ftaconcept is back!!! IKS south Jynxbox signal problems Linkbox 9000I 110 Linkbox IPTV m3u file nano 2 Quetz @ 77w Samsung sat9182 announcement Sonicview bin transponders

* New promotion VIP sign up, $1 per month. Click Here for more info. The money will help us with the costs to host and maintain this site *

Go Back   FTA Bin Files Servers LinkBox Pinwheel DreamLink Jynxbox IPTV > Latest Announcements/News > General FTA news

Notices

General FTA news All latest FTA news and ECM news. No questions asked in here.

Another FTA Site Closes

General FTA news

Old 10-31-2010, 07:47 PM   #1
socal
Diamond in the Rough

socal has a reputation beyond reputesocal has a reputation beyond reputesocal has a reputation beyond reputesocal has a reputation beyond reputesocal has a reputation beyond reputesocal has a reputation beyond reputesocal has a reputation beyond reputesocal has a reputation beyond reputesocal has a reputation beyond reputesocal has a reputation beyond reputesocal has a reputation beyond repute

Cool Another FTA Site Closes

Rumor: Fta-newbies and Dss-newbies have closed
C/P kya100

here is a c&p from the man himself, fifties:
"Here's the full story;
our server bill is due tomorrow, and we had no funds to cover it. We had no sponsors, and didn't accept donations.
I was going to make an announcement of the impending closure of both sites (dss-newbies as well) today at fta-newbies, on the anticipation that we would have at least been up through Wednesday, and maybe a bit longer.
IDK if the server operator took us off-line early, or our root admin did, with plans to take the DB to a cheaper server, but it doesn't look good, and I've heard nothing.
I would like to thank everyone who visited there; we always tried to maintain a classy site. "

End C/P
socal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:10 PM   #2
socal
Diamond in the Rough

socal has a reputation beyond reputesocal has a reputation beyond reputesocal has a reputation beyond reputesocal has a reputation beyond reputesocal has a reputation beyond reputesocal has a reputation beyond reputesocal has a reputation beyond reputesocal has a reputation beyond reputesocal has a reputation beyond reputesocal has a reputation beyond reputesocal has a reputation beyond repute

Cool

C/P from FTA PEOPLE...Fifties is a Visiting Admin there...

Fifties is here, lol, and thanks for the condolences, Wil.

This thread could actually be moved from the rumors forum, since the subject is indeed reality.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:25 PM   #3
Surreptitiousss
Administrator

Surreptitiousss has disabled reputation

I was not a visitor there but I hate to see any site have to choose to close for any reason.
Surreptitiousss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:05 AM   #4
jammmer
Visiting Mod/Admin

jammmer has a reputation beyond reputejammmer has a reputation beyond reputejammmer has a reputation beyond reputejammmer has a reputation beyond reputejammmer has a reputation beyond reputejammmer has a reputation beyond reputejammmer has a reputation beyond reputejammmer has a reputation beyond reputejammmer has a reputation beyond reputejammmer has a reputation beyond reputejammmer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreptitiousss View Post
I was not a visitor there but I hate to see any site have to choose to close for any reason.

Sign Of The Times????

Cheers

Caring / Sharing-------Dreambox Junkie For Life!! (Linux Versions)
jammmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:25 AM   #5
Satbum.
Honorable Member

Satbum. has a reputation beyond reputeSatbum. has a reputation beyond reputeSatbum. has a reputation beyond reputeSatbum. has a reputation beyond reputeSatbum. has a reputation beyond reputeSatbum. has a reputation beyond reputeSatbum. has a reputation beyond reputeSatbum. has a reputation beyond reputeSatbum. has a reputation beyond reputeSatbum. has a reputation beyond reputeSatbum. has a reputation beyond repute

Fifties is a good man and I am sorry to hear about this.
Thanks for letting us know about this socal.

Here is another example on why we ask for donations.
As you can see it does take money to run a site such as this one.

We thank all the donors for keeping us up and running all these years!

We all started somewhere at sometime, so remember that when replying back to those that don't have a clue!

Help us all by donating to the site.
That donation will keep the site up and running which will allow us to help you!

Click here for INSTANT VIP ACCESS

Suddenly can't download files, click HERE

"If Nothing Is Ventured, Then Nothing Is Gained"

Satbum. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:24 AM   #6
junebug15
Bronze Member

junebug15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Site will be miss
junebug15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:48 AM   #7
A.D.I.D.A.S
Gold Member

A.D.I.D.A.S has a reputation beyond reputeA.D.I.D.A.S has a reputation beyond reputeA.D.I.D.A.S has a reputation beyond reputeA.D.I.D.A.S has a reputation beyond reputeA.D.I.D.A.S has a reputation beyond reputeA.D.I.D.A.S has a reputation beyond reputeA.D.I.D.A.S has a reputation beyond reputeA.D.I.D.A.S has a reputation beyond reputeA.D.I.D.A.S has a reputation beyond reputeA.D.I.D.A.S has a reputation beyond reputeA.D.I.D.A.S has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that is sad to see. They DSS-Newbies was the site that got me started back in the day. They were a bunch of good people.
A.D.I.D.A.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:25 PM   #8
setwire
Banned

setwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.D.I.D.A.S View Post
Well, that is sad to see. They DSS-Newbies was the site that got me started back in the day. They were a bunch of good people.
Yes was a good site ---unfortunately they chose not to support IKS and in most cases condemned it.

The many sites that got me started, and I modded on 12 years ago are also long gone.

Just the nature of the hobby.

At least they were not closed down by a court order-----Just lack of support and the fact they didn't keep up with the times.
setwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:07 PM   #9
Blankstare
FTAConcept Site Helper

Blankstare has a reputation beyond reputeBlankstare has a reputation beyond reputeBlankstare has a reputation beyond reputeBlankstare has a reputation beyond reputeBlankstare has a reputation beyond reputeBlankstare has a reputation beyond reputeBlankstare has a reputation beyond reputeBlankstare has a reputation beyond reputeBlankstare has a reputation beyond reputeBlankstare has a reputation beyond reputeBlankstare has a reputation beyond repute

Sites are run to support the "hobby". No sponsers means no money generation, no sponsers because nothing is working and boxes/gadgets are not selling. Very simple solution of supply and demand, the next best thing will generate alot of business and then an "official site" will appear. And around and around we go, where we stop nobody knows. No kwak, no money no hoes

We must wait until a piece of cheese is dangled again, tomcat is winning........ jerry is hiding waiting for his tidbit.

Cheers

ASPIRE TO BE GREAT, THEN HELP OTHERS!

SWITCH DIAGRAMS
http://www.ftaconcept.com/showthread.php?t=48192

HOW TO MODIFY A PS 40X30 DISH
http://www.ftaconcept.com/showthread.php?t=48161
Blankstare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:50 PM   #10
karlj
Gold Member

karlj has a reputation beyond reputekarlj has a reputation beyond reputekarlj has a reputation beyond reputekarlj has a reputation beyond reputekarlj has a reputation beyond reputekarlj has a reputation beyond reputekarlj has a reputation beyond reputekarlj has a reputation beyond reputekarlj has a reputation beyond reputekarlj has a reputation beyond reputekarlj has a reputation beyond repute

Well Blank that pretty much sums it up. It will be interesting to see who comes up with the newest and best mousetrap ever.
karlj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:00 PM   #11
dman999
♠♣M@ste® B®ewe®♥♦

dman999 has a reputation beyond reputedman999 has a reputation beyond reputedman999 has a reputation beyond reputedman999 has a reputation beyond reputedman999 has a reputation beyond reputedman999 has a reputation beyond reputedman999 has a reputation beyond reputedman999 has a reputation beyond reputedman999 has a reputation beyond reputedman999 has a reputation beyond reputedman999 has a reputation beyond repute

Bummer to hear any site closing. I'tll be missed by its members I am sure.

What I post are my theories and are to be used for educational purposes only. I DO NOT condone piracy or illegal activities! ~DMan

Instant V.I.P. Access..Receiver Reviews..Satellite Terms..Dishpointer.. DishUser ...LNB Types..
Cancel Subscription Renewals..Fat32 Format..Is B3V Up?..Alternate Payment Method...Lyngsat

dman999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:14 PM   #12
kijiji
Bronze Member

kijiji will become famous soon enoughkijiji will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankstare View Post
Sites are run to support the "hobby". No sponsers means no money generation, no sponsers because nothing is working and boxes/gadgets are not selling. Very simple solution of supply and demand, the next best thing will generate alot of business and then an "official site" will appear. And around and around we go, where we stop nobody knows. No kwak, no money no hoes

We must wait until a piece of cheese is dangled again, tomcat is winning........ jerry is hiding waiting for his tidbit.

Cheers
I can't imagine this site would allow you here B.S. waz up friend.Yup people support the place you call home or dig a big whole
kijiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:16 PM   #13
Blankstare
FTAConcept Site Helper

Blankstare has a reputation beyond reputeBlankstare has a reputation beyond reputeBlankstare has a reputation beyond reputeBlankstare has a reputation beyond reputeBlankstare has a reputation beyond reputeBlankstare has a reputation beyond reputeBlankstare has a reputation beyond reputeBlankstare has a reputation beyond reputeBlankstare has a reputation beyond reputeBlankstare has a reputation beyond reputeBlankstare has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kijiji View Post
I can't imagine this site would allow you here B.S. waz up friend.Yup people support the place you call home or dig a big whole
Huh? What does this mean?

ASPIRE TO BE GREAT, THEN HELP OTHERS!

SWITCH DIAGRAMS
http://www.ftaconcept.com/showthread.php?t=48192

HOW TO MODIFY A PS 40X30 DISH
http://www.ftaconcept.com/showthread.php?t=48161
Blankstare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:19 PM   #14
No Longer Here
FTA God

No Longer Here has a reputation beyond reputeNo Longer Here has a reputation beyond reputeNo Longer Here has a reputation beyond reputeNo Longer Here has a reputation beyond reputeNo Longer Here has a reputation beyond reputeNo Longer Here has a reputation beyond reputeNo Longer Here has a reputation beyond reputeNo Longer Here has a reputation beyond reputeNo Longer Here has a reputation beyond reputeNo Longer Here has a reputation beyond reputeNo Longer Here has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankstare View Post
Huh? What does this mean?
That sure is a Weird Post!

No Longer Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:42 AM   #15
eCs8769
Silver Member

eCs8769 will become famous soon enougheCs8769 will become famous soon enough

FTA CP boards have been unavailable for about two weeks and now the entire site is down, might be another site added to that list, thank God I found this site, I see a lot of old friends from FTABins here :]

Last edited by eCs8769; 11-08-2010 at 03:55 AM.
eCs8769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:05 PM   #16
Jazzy1170
Bronze Member

Jazzy1170 has much to be proud ofJazzy1170 has much to be proud ofJazzy1170 has much to be proud ofJazzy1170 has much to be proud ofJazzy1170 has much to be proud ofJazzy1170 has much to be proud ofJazzy1170 has much to be proud ofJazzy1170 has much to be proud ofJazzy1170 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by setwire View Post
Yes was a good site ---unfortunately they chose not to support IKS and in most cases condemned it.
I think most people being in this hobby since the c-band/dave days knows to stay away from "IKS". That's why I stay away from it,,,,

Wait for the "fix",,, )))
Jazzy1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:13 AM   #17
socal
Diamond in the Rough

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy1170 View Post
I think most people being in this hobby since the c-band/dave days knows to stay away from "IKS". That's why I stay away from it,,,,

Wait for the "fix",,, )))
nice to see you here Jazzy 1170...read many of your posts at DSSTester...DN is on a crusade and sadly we will see more sites forced to close there doors or will be taken over...
Old 11-10-2010, 07:18 PM   #18
mmsports1
Gold Member

mmsports1 has a reputation beyond reputemmsports1 has a reputation beyond reputemmsports1 has a reputation beyond reputemmsports1 has a reputation beyond reputemmsports1 has a reputation beyond reputemmsports1 has a reputation beyond reputemmsports1 has a reputation beyond reputemmsports1 has a reputation beyond reputemmsports1 has a reputation beyond reputemmsports1 has a reputation beyond reputemmsports1 has a reputation beyond repute

Cool closing sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman999 View Post
Bummer to hear any site closing. I'tll be missed by its members I am sure.
i have a question ,no big deal but i added a site closing today which i thought was pretty useful at times ,i have a lot of friends there but not as much as here,i mean i did mention the site since it was going out for good s--n-cview support,they were very helpful and politebut i alwasys feel at home here.i have gotten some of the bins before others no big deal ,but i thought any little bit someone might use.so when someones* site is closing or somrthingin the slight bit interesting,post it this might let someone else tke the front page for once.
remember anyone can copy and paste newspaper clippins all day long thats why u see 5 thousand posts in a weelend come on put away the cough syrup,love ya all
dont be mad ,be glad give me rep pionts its been a while.
mmsports1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:06 PM   #19
needslipo
Bronze Member

needslipo is an unknown quantity at this point

thats sad news
needslipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #20
A.D.I.D.A.S
Gold Member

A.D.I.D.A.S has a reputation beyond reputeA.D.I.D.A.S has a reputation beyond reputeA.D.I.D.A.S has a reputation beyond reputeA.D.I.D.A.S has a reputation beyond reputeA.D.I.D.A.S has a reputation beyond reputeA.D.I.D.A.S has a reputation beyond reputeA.D.I.D.A.S has a reputation beyond reputeA.D.I.D.A.S has a reputation beyond reputeA.D.I.D.A.S has a reputation beyond reputeA.D.I.D.A.S has a reputation beyond reputeA.D.I.D.A.S has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by needslipo View Post
thats sad news
Are we a little slow????
This post is a year old......
A.D.I.D.A.S is offline   Reply With Quote