Quantcast MAPCALL Made Simple!! - FTA Bin Files Servers LinkBox Pinwheel DreamLink Jynxbox IPTV

Members: 164,030
Threads: 139,880
Online: 5238

Newest Member: markyboy156

b42891 sat's 91-82 Channel Master dish alignment Dreamlink T5 channels DTV dish mod ftaconcept is back!!! IKS south Jynxbox signal problems Linkbox 9000I 110 Linkbox IPTV m3u file nano 2 Quetz @ 77w Samsung sat9182 announcement Sonicview bin transponders

* New promotion VIP sign up, $1 per month. Click Here for more info. The money will help us with the costs to host and maintain this site *

Go Back   FTA Bin Files Servers LinkBox Pinwheel DreamLink Jynxbox IPTV > Latest Announcements/News > General FTA news

Notices

General FTA news All latest FTA news and ECM news. No questions asked in here.

MAPCALL Made Simple!!

General FTA news

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 09:38 PM   #1
CsFTAForever
Retired Moderator

CsFTAForever is on a distinguished road

Default MAPCALL Made Simple!!

C&P kudos to Odd

An Easier Way To Understand A Map Call

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First how digital scrambling works, quick version.
A digital picture or audio, is simply a bunch of numbers, when put together they make up the picture you watch or audio you hear.

Digital scrambling is easy you simply mix up the numbers, but to unscramble the picture you must know how it was scambled.
All sat TV providers use the same system to scramble, its called a Control Word system, easy term, they use a number like 03 c2 51 da 35 f5 ef 76 to scramble ONE channel for about 2 minutes, then they change the number, this number is called the CW (control word), they use a different number(CW) for each channel, it is just a random 8 byte number.

After they have Scrambled the video with the CW number it is unwatchable, so their subscribers can't watch it either, so they must send out the CW to all their subscribers, and THIS is where encryption and decryption comes into the system.

This is what a card or cardless software is for, decrypting the CW for a specific channel, this is also why some channels will work and others won't, more on that later.

Ok so the picture is Scrambled using a random number called the Control Word(CW).
Now to prevent anyone with a dish and digital receiver from watching their channels the provider must encrypt(hide) the CW using different prearranged math methods, the prearranged part is what they have loaded on their subscribers cards or receivers, they encrypt the CW using the reverse of the prearranged decryption on the cards, and this is where MAPs come into play.

A MAP is nothing more, or less, than a preset math formula.
add 03 to all numbers
sub 06 from all numbers
multiply all numbers by 04

All 3 of these are simplified math versions, each its own MAP.

So
MAP01 = add 03 to all numbers
MAP02 = sub 06 from all numbers
MAP03 = multiply all numbers by 04

Real MAPs are a little more complicated mathwise, lol.

But the process is the same, a MAP changes the CW number in a known way, known to DN.

DN tells the cards to use MAP57, then MAP03, then MAP3B in that order to decrypt the CW, if you don't know what the MAP does to the CW or you do it in the wrong order then you get the wrong CW at the end an no picture.
They also throw in a key or two (auto-roll gets one of those keys) in the decryption process just to make it a little more secure.

So pretty straight forward process, nothing real complicated about it, and very secure IF your cards are secure. This is why DTV is no longer a "freeTV" option, their new cards are secure.
There is no way to get around this type of scrambling you can either get the correct CW or you can't, the problem is the CW changes every 2 min. on each channel and no two channels will have the same CW.
You aren't going to just "guess" the CW for a channel, and even using the fastest computer on the planet you couldn't beat the 2 min. cycle.

If you read something that says they can beat this type of system without inside the card info, then put your hand on your wallet and back out of the room slowly, lol.

Because each channel basicly is running its own CW encryption they can run some channels on one CW encryption and other channels on another CW encyption, BEV is even using a different base system for NFL.
At any given time there are usually 2-4 different decryption paths available on a card, at this time BEV has 2-6.

In theory there could be 256 MAPs in a DN card, MAP00 to MAPFF, but probably not.

Just FYI, N1 and N2, and for that matter N3 when it comes, use the same scrambling of the digital picture, only the way the CW is Encrypted and decrypted changes, so they can run multiple types of encryption at the same time, its only a few more CW packets every few minutes there is no bandwidth issue.

Now what has happened as of late, is that (Nagra Vision) has started impelmenting N3 into the stream, this itself is why we have all started seeing (private keys) example: nagra 01 06 00,for DN and B*V and 09 05 00,09 06 00,an 09 07 00.
Most of the time these's keys are not active, but as of late they DAVE , and Charlie's are trying to see just how far they can push there own receiver's and still work, most times itself is not but for a few hours at a time. but they are still continueing to work on it, making everyones life hard, including there own customers ofcourse.

Just remember that, unless DAVE , and Charlie's does a (complete system wide) upgrade of there whole (equipment, CAD Cards and Codes) at a cost of possibly a billion US dollars, only then can it shutdown FTA, and stop any coders from writting codes for all FTA units.
Posted by: Odd

Please read or search the forums before you post!
Please don't hijack a thread!!!
Above all else have fun!!!
Become a VIP..it goes directly to supporting this site!!!

Last edited by CsFTAForever; 05-07-2008 at 04:24 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-06-2008, 10:37 PM   #2
douglasbushman
Silver Member

douglasbushman is an unknown quantity at this point

What an excellent post--This is really the best info on the subject I have read--Thanks !
Old 05-06-2008, 10:37 PM   #3
BGates
VIP Member

BGates is an unknown quantity at this point

Everyone should read this! Thanks for posting that CsFTAForever, what was once cloudy is now clear.

Last edited by BGates; 05-06-2008 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:58 PM   #4
HenDawg
$uper $moker

HenDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHenDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHenDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHenDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHenDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHenDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHenDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHenDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHenDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHenDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHenDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Nice post, makes alot of sense. But with all the CW, it makes it seem like "War Games". Would you like to play a game?

My neighbors wife...
Some new Kush...

Click Here for Instant VIP Access

If you receive any info that helps you please use the REPUTATION button to show your appreciation!
Old 05-07-2008, 04:57 AM   #5
XRange
❦❦❦ Honrably Retired ❦❦❦

XRange has a reputation beyond reputeXRange has a reputation beyond reputeXRange has a reputation beyond reputeXRange has a reputation beyond reputeXRange has a reputation beyond reputeXRange has a reputation beyond reputeXRange has a reputation beyond reputeXRange has a reputation beyond reputeXRange has a reputation beyond reputeXRange has a reputation beyond reputeXRange has a reputation beyond repute

Nice post CsFTAForever ..

No one who achieves success does so without acknowledging the help of others.
The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude.
Some people catch on right off.
Some people it takes a little bit to catch on..
Some people will never catch on.

Old 05-07-2008, 06:12 AM   #6
easyget
Silver Member

easyget is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks CsFTAForever, Great post to learn in deep.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:25 AM   #7
mankind
VIP Member

mankind is on a distinguished road

Hopefully some people will understands how complicated it can be. Thanks CsFTAForever for posting this.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:44 AM   #8
johnv832
VIP Member

johnv832 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks again for very informative info, thereby increasing my fta education. Great mod csFTAforever,keeping everyone informed.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:58 AM   #9
Zsat2121
Bronze Member

Zsat2121 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks CsFTAForever
Old 05-09-2008, 08:42 AM   #10
Catzie
Gold Member

Catzie will become famous soon enoughCatzie will become famous soon enough

Great post, however my math skills are not that great, so how they do it, or do not do it does not change anything for me. I just work at another hobby and wait for the Mathematicians to do what they do. LOL
Old 05-09-2008, 08:47 AM   #11
dhamm
Silver Member

dhamm is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks CsFTAForever for the great post. All information makes for a better understanding.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:08 AM   #12
Ripley1250
Gold Member

Ripley1250 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the post CsFTAForever.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:12 PM   #13
johnnynabs
Silver Member

johnnynabs is an unknown quantity at this point

That was a great post. I often wondered how it all worked and now I have a better idea.
Thanks for all the info.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:54 PM   #14
BOBbobBOB
VIP Member

BOBbobBOB has a reputation beyond reputeBOBbobBOB has a reputation beyond reputeBOBbobBOB has a reputation beyond reputeBOBbobBOB has a reputation beyond reputeBOBbobBOB has a reputation beyond reputeBOBbobBOB has a reputation beyond reputeBOBbobBOB has a reputation beyond reputeBOBbobBOB has a reputation beyond reputeBOBbobBOB has a reputation beyond reputeBOBbobBOB has a reputation beyond reputeBOBbobBOB has a reputation beyond repute

Nice post great information!!! Hope this helps more people understand things that go on!
Old 05-13-2008, 07:20 AM   #15
BDJ72070
VIP Member

BDJ72070 is an unknown quantity at this point

in laymens terms this is the clearest it has been explained any where that i know of.
thanks

TESTING FLU CONVERTED AND V/S PLATINUM LITE

Last edited by BDJ72070; 05-13-2008 at 07:24 AM.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:08 PM   #16
TD52
Super Trucker

TD52 has a reputation beyond reputeTD52 has a reputation beyond reputeTD52 has a reputation beyond reputeTD52 has a reputation beyond reputeTD52 has a reputation beyond reputeTD52 has a reputation beyond reputeTD52 has a reputation beyond reputeTD52 has a reputation beyond reputeTD52 has a reputation beyond reputeTD52 has a reputation beyond reputeTD52 has a reputation beyond repute

good post....but both Dave and Charlie do have billions and more to spend...they don't care
what keeps them from really changing is that they do make money from pirates and do not want ppl to go back to the BUD and get cheaper programming...the dish's have gotten smaller and the lnb's have gotten colder...so a lot of ppl can get away with a 4' dish and also some offset's
and you can all the same programming as they do because they get it from there...and then they package it and resell it to us....so there is more than money involved that keeps them from changing everything
but just as Dave..charlie will change..but when is the question...but at the same time dave will be back again...the coders have gotten smarter always keep a backup and don't let it out till they need to
Old 05-13-2008, 01:29 PM   #17
CsFTAForever
Retired Moderator

CsFTAForever is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD52 View Post
good post....but both Dave and Charlie do have billions and more to spend...they don't care
what keeps them from really changing is that they do make money from pirates and do not want ppl to go back to the BUD and get cheaper programming...the dish's have gotten smaller and the lnb's have gotten colder...so a lot of ppl can get away with a 4' dish and also some offset's
and you can all the same programming as they do because they get it from there...and then they package it and resell it to us....so there is more than money involved that keeps them from changing everything
but just as Dave..charlie will change..but when is the question...but at the same time dave will be back again...the coders have gotten smarter always keep a backup and don't let it out till they need to
If I was to read into the last part of your post..I might be inclined to think that there is potential for Dave to come back into the game....hmmmmm

Very interesting!!!!

Thanks TD...Cheers

Please read or search the forums before you post!
Please don't hijack a thread!!!
Above all else have fun!!!
Become a VIP..it goes directly to supporting this site!!!

Old 05-13-2008, 04:45 PM   #18
chirayu
Gold Member

chirayu has a reputation beyond reputechirayu has a reputation beyond reputechirayu has a reputation beyond reputechirayu has a reputation beyond reputechirayu has a reputation beyond reputechirayu has a reputation beyond reputechirayu has a reputation beyond reputechirayu has a reputation beyond reputechirayu has a reputation beyond reputechirayu has a reputation beyond reputechirayu has a reputation beyond repute

EXCELLENT POST everyone must have a read of this post!! very very insight full information.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:34 AM   #19
mtsdelray
SkyWatcher

mtsdelray has a reputation beyond reputemtsdelray has a reputation beyond reputemtsdelray has a reputation beyond reputemtsdelray has a reputation beyond reputemtsdelray has a reputation beyond reputemtsdelray has a reputation beyond reputemtsdelray has a reputation beyond reputemtsdelray has a reputation beyond reputemtsdelray has a reputation beyond reputemtsdelray has a reputation beyond reputemtsdelray has a reputation beyond repute

Dave and Charlie may have billions to spend, but it would seem that as long as they are proitable, their stockholders arn't going to allow them to spend those billions on something that could be hacked anyway.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:48 PM   #20
jetlag737
Bronze Member

jetlag737 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a free country and is by what I understand by Democracy.... That means for the people and by the people. I don't remember voting on wheather I was to let them bounce anything off the satellite I am paying for with my tax money. I am still waiting for a check for rental of the transponders they are using. Possibly they are thieves and crooks themselves......... Just my humble opinion
Closed Thread