Quantcast Invalid firmware - FTA Bin Files Servers LinkBox Pinwheel DreamLink Jynxbox IPTV

Members: 163,964
Threads: 139,300
Online: 5213

Newest Member: nakobook

b42891 sat's 91-82 Channel Master dish alignment Dreamlink T5 channels DTV dish mod ftaconcept is back!!! IKS south Linkbox 9000I 110 Linkbox IPTV m3u file nano 2 Quetz @ 77w Samsung sat9182 announcement Sonicview bin transponders

* New promotion VIP sign up, $1 per month. Click Here for more info. The money will help us with the costs to host and maintain this site *

Go Back   FTA Bin Files Servers LinkBox Pinwheel DreamLink Jynxbox IPTV > FTA Receivers - Discussions & Files > Dreamlink

Notices

Invalid firmware

Dreamlink

Old 02-01-2017, 02:03 PM   #1
kodeblue
Bronze Member

kodeblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Invalid firmware

From my reading, I understand this error message is wrong file for box. I just bought this box used and bought as advertised as T5. My brother also bought a T5 and loaded the latest file from a USB stick. I tried using this same stick with file and I get the error message. Any ideas?
kodeblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 02:40 PM   #2
Surreptitiousss
Administrator

Surreptitiousss has disabled reputation

You may have just found out why the seller got rid of it.
Most brands require a factory file and a third party s/w file. You could try to install the latest factory file and then the other & se if it will work. You may be able to load correct files with the loader, cable & pc.
Since it won't accept the proper file I would contact the seller & return it because it is defective. If you purchased through ebay or paid with PayPal you have recourse through them.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:19 PM   #3
kodeblue
Bronze Member

Could it be possible my receiver is an HD? What is the difference between the T5 and HD?
Old 02-01-2017, 04:26 PM   #4
kodeblue
Bronze Member

I might have solved m issue. I might have been sold a HD not a T5 I cant access the HD secti though.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:15 PM   #5
Surreptitiousss
Administrator

Dreamlink originally had a HD (high Definition) model. Then they came out with a T5 (HD) and a T4 which is also now a HD unit. If you look above on the Donate line you will see a button that will take you to all the Dreamlink sections. Dreamlink

Dreamlink HD PVR Guides and Discussions

Seeing what is on the front panel will tell you what model you have or you can post a photo of the front panel if you are not sure.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:26 PM   #6
kodeblue
Bronze Member

I can see the sections When I click on the file to download, it says I don't have authorization. The orange circle to the left of each section is faded on all sections except the T5 section. In my system menu on the box, it says DL-HD.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:00 PM   #7
Surreptitiousss
Administrator

It sounds like you own a HD dreamlink.
To have full privileges at this site you need to be a VIP member. That allows you to have access to all attachments, photos, guides, view the private forums & send PM's to other members. VIP is just $12/yr but you are welcome here VIP or not. If you are interested Instant V.I.P Access it is paypal only & by default sets up auto renew. To change that you need to go to your paypal account, reoccurring payments & make the change.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:43 PM   #8
nobodyspecial
Visiting Mod/Admin

nobodyspecial has a reputation beyond reputenobodyspecial has a reputation beyond reputenobodyspecial has a reputation beyond reputenobodyspecial has a reputation beyond reputenobodyspecial has a reputation beyond reputenobodyspecial has a reputation beyond reputenobodyspecial has a reputation beyond reputenobodyspecial has a reputation beyond reputenobodyspecial has a reputation beyond reputenobodyspecial has a reputation beyond reputenobodyspecial has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreptitiousss View Post
You may have just found out why the seller got rid of it.
Most brands require a factory file and a third party s/w file. You could try to install the latest factory file and then the other & se if it will work. You may be able to load correct files with the loader, cable & pc.
Since it won't accept the proper file I would contact the seller & return it because it is defective. If you purchased through ebay or paid with PayPal you have recourse through them.
best to get more info first...lol
nobodyspecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 07:40 PM   #9
Surreptitiousss
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyspecial View Post
best to get more info first...lol
Your right except this is what they said in post #1

Quote:
From my reading, I understand this error message is wrong file for box. I just bought this box used and bought as advertised as T5. My brother also bought a T5 and loaded the latest file from a USB stick. I tried using this same stick with file and I get the error message. Any ideas?
Probably should have asked if both looked the same
Old 02-02-2017, 04:59 PM   #10
kodeblue
Bronze Member

$_35.jpgWhat should my settings be for this setup?
Old 02-02-2017, 07:52 PM   #11
user1
Bronze Member

user1 is an unknown quantity at this point

That is a dp+ quad lnb. Gets 2 birds usually 119+110 or 91+82
lnb type - ocs dp or dishpro lnb
freq 11250
diseqc 1.0
119/91 - port 1
110/82 - port 2
If choice make auto tp update ON (in menu)
If you can't lock on sats with a dish known to be pointed right remove cover & make sure the
sk200 module is there. http://www.ftaconcept.com/showthread.php?t=11231
You will probably have to modify the tp list, there have been changes since the last file. Tp lists can be found http://www.ftaconcept.com/showthread.php?t=147367 post 8. Lots of set up info in that section. Most people have moved to t5/t4 but the old hd will still do the job just a little more work to set up.
user1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 11:18 AM   #12
kodeblue
Bronze Member

I think my biggest issue right now s in the settings. The only difference in my settings is the 110 I have set to port 1 and 119 is set to port 2. If I set it he other way around as you say, then my signal is red and I don't et any channels. This way, I am getting a couple channels. ALso, it does not how above the signal bar what lnb it is getting, 110 or 119.
As far as the tp list, I clicked the link provided but when I go in my menu, I don't see how to edit the tp list.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:08 PM   #13
user1
Bronze Member

user1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodeblue View Post
I think my biggest issue right now s in the settings. The only difference in my settings is the 110 I have set to port 1 and 119 is set to port 2. If I set it he other way around as you say, then my signal is red and I don't et any channels. This way, I am getting a couple channels. ALso, it does not how above the signal bar what lnb it is getting, 110 or 119.
As far as the tp list, I clicked the link provided but when I go in my menu, I don't see how to edit the tp list.

Using a quad the ports are preset on the built in switch.
Port 1 = 119
Port 2 = 110
You may need to change the tp you are set to in order to lock on the sat. Not all carry conus signal, some are locals not available for all areas.
Most receivers in the antenna set up area offer tp scan or edit option sometimes on the tp scan page not on the antenna scan or single sat scan page. Are you sure your dish is pointed at the sats & you have the proper settings if not you can search forever & still not lock on the sat. Until you see the conformation for the sat you want to scan pop up, no sense in scanning just a wast of time.
You can get sat/tp data at a few places on the net. some people like this one, put in browser..... uplink.jameslong.name
user1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 06:02 PM   #14
nobodyspecial
Visiting Mod/Admin

nobodyspecial has a reputation beyond reputenobodyspecial has a reputation beyond reputenobodyspecial has a reputation beyond reputenobodyspecial has a reputation beyond reputenobodyspecial has a reputation beyond reputenobodyspecial has a reputation beyond reputenobodyspecial has a reputation beyond reputenobodyspecial has a reputation beyond reputenobodyspecial has a reputation beyond reputenobodyspecial has a reputation beyond reputenobodyspecial has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
go into manual scan to edit tps
Old 02-04-2017, 06:08 PM   #15
nobodyspecial
Visiting Mod/Admin

use this method
from crazed
No need to delete all 110w TPs and stuff with the Dreamlink Boxes. Just go to each 110w TP and change the S/R and Transmission info and scan that TP and then onto next and etc...

So, I'd first delete all channels thru the menus (reset menu) and then with the Dreamlink HD receiver go into Manual Scan menu while on the 110w sat.
The first TP shown in there as TP Frequency [1] is 12.224 GHz
Look just below that and you'll see the Symbol Rate slot, change that to 21500 MS/s and Polarity should be V
With the Transmission slot, change that to Turbo and notice if the single bars change. If you have a lock and signal now then hit the Red button and scan that one TP
After scan then in same menu (manual scan menu), scroll to TP [2] and do same thing, and so on.
Also ensure FEC is always in Auto.

If you get a message saying TP already exists then exit out till the S/R turns back to 20.000 MS/s and then scroll to end of TP list to find the same TP but with the 21.500 S/R already correct. Delete the 20.000 one and scan the 21.500 one

Sat 119w will be different with the TP order on the Dreamlink receivers. The Team put a ConUS Beam TP as TP #1 in their bins for better user experience. But the actual TP number 1 is not what the DL shows when looking at the 119w sat. The one they have as number one is atually number 5 or 6 I think thru DN Uplinks.
That's not really a concern right now thou, as this is so far about the 110w sat , so far
Old 02-04-2017, 06:13 PM   #16
kodeblue
Bronze Member

Ok. I deleted all channels and did a factory reset twice. I reset the sats to 110 and 119 with the info you said and did an auto scan. I'm getting the same results. Maybe 5 channels coming in with the rest saying scrambled channel.
Old 02-04-2017, 06:50 PM   #17
kodeblue
Bronze Member

nobodyspecial.....I did the procedure you explained. I started on 110 and nothing was coming up on the scan so I switched over to try 119. After I changed to turbo, I got locked in with blue bars and got channels on the scan. At the top, it said 110 though that was locked in. Shouldn't it say 119 if I'm scanning 119? Could I possibly have the 119 lnb pointing at 110? Also with that said, my channels are still coming up scrambled lol.
Old 02-04-2017, 06:57 PM   #18
nobodyspecial
Visiting Mod/Admin

Quote:
nobodyspecial.....I did the procedure you explained. I started on 110 and nothing was coming up on the scan so I switched over to try 119. After I changed to turbo, I got locked in with blue bars and got channels on the scan. At the top, it said 110 though that was locked in. Shouldn't it say 119 if I'm scanning 119? Could I possibly have the 119 lnb pointing at 110? Also with that said, my channels are still coming up scrambled lol.
If the top says 110 you are scanning 110 do you have diseq 1 for 119? diseq 2 for 110?
are you scanning each tp as you edit the tp?
Old 02-04-2017, 07:46 PM   #19
nobodyspecial
Visiting Mod/Admin

you could just load the channel list then change settings for your set-up
http://www.ftaconcept.com/showthread.php?t=139850
Old 02-04-2017, 07:48 PM   #20
kodeblue
Bronze Member

Here is what I get. Yes I'm scanning each transponder after the adjustments.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0047.jpg (28.8 KB)