Quantcast ***Linkbox 8000 HD Local - New Setup - No Signal - FTA Bin Files Servers LinkBox Pinwheel DreamLink Jynxbox IPTV

Members: 164,232
Threads: 142,926
Online: 4330

Newest Member: Trfrank

110 118 119 129 IKS B3Vikstv create-m3u-list Fish TV Free to air Free to air decoders Iptv promotion Looks good Net90 Local new bin Net90 Plus New bin RXIKS Info SAT9182 IKS Sonicview 8000 setup info South RX IKS

* New promotion VIP sign up, $1 per month. Click Here for more info. The money will help us with the costs to host and maintain this site *

Go Back   FTA Bin Files Servers LinkBox Pinwheel DreamLink Jynxbox IPTV > FTA Receivers - Discussions & Files > Linkbox

Notices

***Linkbox 8000 HD Local - New Setup - No Signal

Linkbox

Old 08-18-2014, 03:26 PM   #1
bigdaddywheat
Bronze Member

bigdaddywheat is an unknown quantity at this point

Question ***Linkbox 8000 HD Local - New Setup - No Signal

Hi All,

Trying to get me NEW Linkbox 8000 HD Local installed and functioning.

Single cable from port1 on the Dish HD Satellite's built-in switch to receiver LNB connection. Skew and angle appear to be correct based on setting obtained by dishpointer.com.

My Installation Steps out of the box..
  • Load factory file: Tools -> Upgrade via USB -> Select the v512 w Red -> Select "All code and Boot" -> Select "Start".
  • Factory Reset
  • Hard Reset
  • - Tools -> Upgrade via USB -> Select the 3rd party file V189 -> Select "maincode" -> Select "Start".
  • Factory Reset
  • Hard Reset

I have attach some pics that displays my current status. I seems no matter what I do, I can't get "Signal Intensity" or Signal Quality" to change. Even during alignment process.

It's my understanding I can do a scan to test my connectivity to 110, 119 and 129.

HELP PLEASE!

Thanks in advance for all your help.

BigDaddyWheat

Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.JPG (26.5 KB)
File Type: jpg photo 2.JPG (33.7 KB)
File Type: jpg photo 3.JPG (34.8 KB)
File Type: jpg photo 4.JPG (33.6 KB)
bigdaddywheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:29 PM   #2
sukh77
Diamond in the Rough

sukh77 has a reputation beyond reputesukh77 has a reputation beyond reputesukh77 has a reputation beyond reputesukh77 has a reputation beyond reputesukh77 has a reputation beyond reputesukh77 has a reputation beyond reputesukh77 has a reputation beyond reputesukh77 has a reputation beyond reputesukh77 has a reputation beyond reputesukh77 has a reputation beyond reputesukh77 has a reputation beyond repute

Is this a new dish setup or is this a known good working setup?
Check your cable ends.
Which type of cable are you using? Should be using RG6
How long is the cable run?
Old 08-18-2014, 04:49 PM   #3
Dells
FTAConcept Site Helper

Dells has a reputation beyond reputeDells has a reputation beyond reputeDells has a reputation beyond reputeDells has a reputation beyond reputeDells has a reputation beyond reputeDells has a reputation beyond reputeDells has a reputation beyond reputeDells has a reputation beyond reputeDells has a reputation beyond reputeDells has a reputation beyond reputeDells has a reputation beyond repute

Did you purchase or get an LS400 or LS500 HD module? You will need one to get sat 129 and all HD for that matter scanned in. Who set your dish up? If it's only the receiver connected to those 3 LNB's you do not have enough power. See this thread here: http://www.ftaconcept.com/showthread.php?t=120840

To do your antennae set up you need these settings

110 port 2
diseq OCS-DP

119 port 1
ocs-dp

129 port 3
ocs-dp

Everything happens for a reason, but sometimes the reason is your stupid and make bad decisions.

"Thank You" gracefully accepted around here, but this site can't run on it forever! If you enjoy your stay and appreciate the help, sign up for VIP memberships here, and contribute so others can be helped as well!

INSTANT VIP ACCESS
Dells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:07 PM   #4
bigdaddywheat
Bronze Member

Sukh77.....thanks for the reply..

Not a new setup, jet replaced an old dish 500. Cabling was from an existing dish setup. I must assume the length and cable type are good.

Bigdaddywheat
Old 08-18-2014, 05:12 PM   #5
bigdaddywheat
Bronze Member

Dells thanks for the reply....

I dont have the ocs-dp as an option. Everything I have read says use the dish pro lib setting. I should be able to get a signal without a power inverter. Correct.

Bigdaddywheat
Old 08-18-2014, 05:17 PM   #6
Dells
FTAConcept Site Helper

Dells has a reputation beyond reputeDells has a reputation beyond reputeDells has a reputation beyond reputeDells has a reputation beyond reputeDells has a reputation beyond reputeDells has a reputation beyond reputeDells has a reputation beyond reputeDells has a reputation beyond reputeDells has a reputation beyond reputeDells has a reputation beyond reputeDells has a reputation beyond repute

You may have an issue without the extra power. If anything is going to come in it will be 110/119. So start by trying to dial in the 119 LNB it's in the center of the dish. Dishpointer will get you close but probably need a few tweaks to dial in.

Everything happens for a reason, but sometimes the reason is your stupid and make bad decisions.

"Thank You" gracefully accepted around here, but this site can't run on it forever! If you enjoy your stay and appreciate the help, sign up for VIP memberships here, and contribute so others can be helped as well!

INSTANT VIP ACCESS
Old 08-18-2014, 05:23 PM   #7
Surreptitiousss
Administrator

Surreptitiousss has disabled reputation

Are you using a triple dpp?
Is the only receiver the linkbox?
Do you have the upgrade ls400/500 module installed in your box?
Using any DP/DPP lnb's you select either OCS-DP or Dish Pro depending on what your brand calls them - same thing.
512 file with red has caused some issues - so we suggest the without red version
You told us you loaded 189 but you failed to mention/follow all the directions
Quote:
- After the upgrade, check the "system information".
: seecode : Ver 7.38
- In case "seecode version" is not "Ver 7.38" version, have to download again with "All Code"
All the signs point to not enough power for the lnb's but we need answers to all the above to be certain.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:29 PM   #8
Surreptitiousss
Administrator

Ha ha I just looked at the photo - Did you set the skew on that dish? The 110 lnb on the rt from behind should be lower then the others. The 129 on the left should be highest.

For 119 you need to use tp 12297
Diseqc 1.0 port 1

For 110 use tp 12224
port 2

for 129 use tp 12516
port 3

Do not use diseqc 1.1 settings

Skew is usually set on the ground & locked down. Use all 4 bolts if you can.
Go for 119 first - the others should be close.
Be 100% sure your mast is plumb all around
Let us know how that works.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:52 PM   #9
bigdaddywheat
Bronze Member

Surreptitiousss, thanks for the reply..

The physical dish setup is my weakness. That being said the skew setting I four for my location are as follows.

Area code 90706 - southern California
Az 168
El 49
Sk 92

When I look at the back of my receiver, these are what I have set. My neighbor has a dn setup and the dish does appear to be slightly rotated but it is a different dish type, not the HD.

My setup is definitely plum. I checked plus this was an original install from dn.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:17 PM   #10
sukh77
Diamond in the Rough

sukh77 has a reputation beyond reputesukh77 has a reputation beyond reputesukh77 has a reputation beyond reputesukh77 has a reputation beyond reputesukh77 has a reputation beyond reputesukh77 has a reputation beyond reputesukh77 has a reputation beyond reputesukh77 has a reputation beyond reputesukh77 has a reputation beyond reputesukh77 has a reputation beyond reputesukh77 has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm, I don't see how this is original install from DN if your original dish was a dish 500 and now you have a turbo HD dish.
BTW - not poking any fun or anything.

Like everyone has suggested seems like you still need to tweek the dish just a little bit.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:42 PM   #11
Surreptitiousss
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddywheat View Post
Surreptitiousss, thanks for the reply..

The physical dish setup is my weakness. That being said the skew setting I four for my location are as follows.

Area code 90706 - southern California
Az 168
El 49
Sk 92

When I look at the back of my receiver, these are what I have set. My neighbor has a dn setup and the dish does appear to be slightly rotated but it is a different dish type, not the HD.

My setup is definitely plum. I checked plus this was an original install from dn.

If that's what they said at dishpointer they are usually very close & very little skew - lol
Did you ever install the add on board ls400 or 500?
Have you changed the TP to 12297 on sat 119?? Do you have any S&Q -
Do you get a lock banner saying sat 119 on top of the screen?
What about 110? S&Q? Lock banner?
For 129 use tp 12516 -- S&Q? Lock banner?

With only 1 receiver you do not have enough power - you can use another receiver like an old provide model 301 or ols fta if you have one. The best not the cheapest is the dpp44 switch with power inserter. Diag 15 --> http://www.ftaconcept.com/showthread.php?t=48192

OOPS -only vip can see those diagrams

Here's a freebie

Old 08-19-2014, 03:01 PM   #12
bigdaddywheat
Bronze Member

If that's what they said at dishpointer they are usually very close & very little skew - lol
I was just stating the fact plus responding to a post stating my disk skew looked off
LS500 board is installed
Yes I have tried all the TP's suggested - Sorry for my lack knowledge but what is S&Q
?
For 129 use tp 12516 -- S&Q? Lock banner
?
Old 08-19-2014, 03:17 PM   #13
bigdaddywheat
Bronze Member

Thanks sukh77 for the reply.

hmmm, I don't see how this is original install from DN if your original dish was a dish 500 and now you have a turbo HD dish.
Sorry for lack of details - I meant older installation used on DN equipment. I was just confirming the cable and mount should be fine. I changed the dish and added my linkbox.

Like everyone has suggested seems like you still need to tweek the dish just a little bit.
No worries, I know everyone's intentions are not bad.. My only concern is the dish does not give me any indication of good or bad signaling as i make adjustments. I have played with installs during my pass FTA days and remember getting something during the movement of the dish. My reading stay at Signal Intensity 42% and Signal Quality 17% even if I unplug the cable from the receiver. Maybe I should try another v5.12 f/w.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:43 PM   #14
Surreptitiousss
Administrator

Quote:
I was just stating the fact plus responding to a post stating my disk skew looked off
LS500 board is installed
Yes I have tried all the TP's suggested - Sorry for my lack knowledge but what is S&Q
?
For 129 use tp 12516 -- S&Q? Lock banner
?
Quote:
Thanks sukh77 for the reply.

Sorry for lack of details - I meant older installation used on DN equipment. I was just confirming the cable and mount should be fine. I changed the dish and added my linkbox.

No worries, I know everyone's intentions are not bad.. My only concern is the dish does not give me any indication of good or bad signaling as i make adjustments. I have played with installs during my pass FTA days and remember getting something during the movement of the dish. My reading stay at Signal Intensity 42% and Signal Quality 17% even if I unplug the cable from the receiver. Maybe I should try another v5.12 f/w.

I was the one that mentioned the skew because it looked so level but it that's what it calls for.....
If you post your zip code we'lll be happy to check it for you. If you still have the 1000.2 install manual it's in there.
When posting & you want to quote just look above the typing body & you will see a few editing symbols. Clicking on the one on the far right is Quotes. Highlight what you want quotes around & click on the quote symbol.
If you look below the area where you type it says "post quick reply" and "Advanced" pushing advanced would give you more editing options & the ability to attach photos, files, PDF's & things like that.

Did you load the 512 file?
Did you load the 1.89 file?
Did you read the last paragraph just above the diagram in my last post? Until you get more power to the lnb's you will not show more the 42/17. When you get more power to the lnb's you will be able to pinpoint the sats.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:50 PM   #15
Dells
FTAConcept Site Helper

Signal is the strength between the receiver and the LNB. Quality is the strength from the satellite to the LNB, and that's adjusted by the dish. As I said before your not going to see much without more power, however you just haven't hit the sat yet is my guess. You need to start by trying to get 119 signal and quality. Turn the antennae setting to sat 119. Make sure you are set to:

LNB frequency: Dishpro LNB (11250)
Transponder : 12297
DiseqC 1.0: Port 1

Leave other settings alone then Make small adjustment in the dish with someone watching the screen for Sig and quality. If you have skype on your phone place your comp in front of the TV and ask a friend for their skype account. Call your skype so you can see and start moving the dish. Also if you have a friend with the same dish set up, go to there house and make sure your elevation and skew are exact as theirs is. When you hit the sat it will show a lock in the lower right corner. Then check sat 110 using the same settings, but port 2 and transponder 12224. Then check sat 129 using the same settings but port 3 and transponder 12516.

INSTANT VIP ACCESS
Old 08-19-2014, 06:19 PM   #16
bigdaddywheat
Bronze Member

Default ***Linkbox 8000 HD Local - New Setup - No Signal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreptitiousss View Post
I was the one that mentioned the skew because it looked so level but it that's what it calls for.....
If you post your zip code we'lll be happy to check it for you. If you still have the 1000.2 install manual it's in there.
When posting & you want to quote just look above the typing body & you will see a few editing symbols. Clicking on the one on the far right is Quotes. Highlight what you want quotes around & click on the quote symbol.
If you look below the area where you type it says "post quick reply" and "Advanced" pushing advanced would give you more editing options & the ability to attach photos, files, PDF's & things like that.

Did you load the 512 file?
Yes
Did you load the 1.89 file?
Yes
Did you read the last paragraph just above the diagram in my last post? Until you get more power to the lnb's you will not show more the 42/17. When you get more power to the lnb's you will be able to pinpoint the sats.
Yes I did read that and I'm trying to see the easiest way to accomplish. I might have a DP44 still around from the old days. I will try and see what the results are. The supplier from I got the LB 8000 told me that I should need any additional power but that's the only thing it could be outside a bad unit. The fact that you are familiar with the 42/17 reading, I'm hoping that is the problem. Got my fingers crossed. I will let you know what I add the switch.

Thanks again my friend.

Old 08-19-2014, 06:43 PM   #17
Surreptitiousss
Administrator

Quote:
Yes I did read that and I'm trying to see the easiest way to accomplish. I might have a DP44 still around from the old days. I will try and see what the results are. The supplier from I got the LB 8000 told me that I should need any additional power but that's the only thing it could be outside a bad unit. The fact that you are familiar with the 42/17 reading, I'm hoping that is the problem. Got my fingers crossed. I will let you know what I add the switch.

Thanks again my friend.

Switch & power inserter to outport #1 - first on the bottom left - no receiver connected to it
You can run 3 lines into the house & have the witch there OR you can tun 2 lines out to the dish & mount the switch behind the dish or under the eves. 3 lines from dish to switch. Hook everything up before putting power to the switch. Unplug the receiver & power inserter whenever moving any coax. Let us know if you get stuck or have any questions.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:34 PM   #18
bigdaddywheat
Bronze Member

Hi All,

First of all thanks for all the input concerning my installation. Wanted to let you know I was able to get a signal and successfully test my linkbox 8000 HD. My configuration:

Linkbox 8000 HD Local
Black HD Dish Network Dish w/built-in switch
Single Cable run from Port 1 on LNB to receiver
Satellite 110, 119 and 129 locked
Successful scan

That being said, there are a few things I must clarify.

When I purchased the receiver and dish (together), the supplier and a recommended installer stated "I DID NOT need a DP44 switch or multiple cable runs from the dish. The Black HD dish has a built-in switch that allows me to just run 1 cable from the dish to the receiver." Since me installation knowledge is limited or rusty and I did not want to pay, I referred to the forums which seemed to refer to the DP44 switch configuration as the standard. In addition, I have a friend using NFusion with same identical single run setup. He does see problems sometimes going between channel on different satellites.

Any thoughts on my setup and configuration would be greatly appreciated. Want to make sure I'm not missing something, making a mistake that could cost me or maybe this is a legitimate config that's not very common.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:48 PM   #19
txsgent
RETIRED

txsgent has disabled reputation

This is my view and some others..
you purchased an FTA Receiver.. it is designed to power up.. Legacy LNBs.... not Dish Pro LNBS... therefore you are putting a strain on the power supply of the FTA receiver to try and provide enough power to power them up...
Dish Pro Plus triple lnb is a power hog... it uses much more miliamps than a legacy or even a Dish Pro LNB uses....
if you have a friend who has.. a DN VIP or DP receiver.. they are not using.. you can use it to help power up the power hogs.... .. or you can add more FTA receivers to the setup.. since you have 3 outputs all total.. you could add 2 more fta receivers to other rooms.. just can't use the same P$ code on more than one receiver at a time...
It is your call your money.... not ours.. we can only provide suggestions .. and share our limited knowledge... the rest is up to you...
FTA Receivers put out.. 13v and 18v when changing channels..goes from 13v on one channel to 18v on the next... then back to 13v on the next.. more or less..

read this.... it just might give you a better grasp of what we are talking about...
http://www.ftaconcept.com/showthread.php?t=80018

something to think about.. you can search the web and sites.. and eventually find the answer you are looking for... that does not mean it is the correct answer.... you know like ERWrs sites and ELWrs sites... lol

hope that helps..good luck
txsgent

Getting Started In FTA

EPG & Channels

INSTANT VIP ACCESS

"When the Republicans stop telling lies about the Democrats, we'll stop telling the truth about them." --Adlai Stevenson

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross." -- Sinclair Lewis

F. Lee. Bailey - "Everyone has the right to their own opinions, but NOT their own Facts."

Martin Luther King - “what we have in this country is socialism for the rich and free enterprise for the poor.”

Anything I discuss on the subject of satellites, is strictly, hypothetical and in theory, and on an educational basis. I do not condone, recommend, nor do I practice the theft of any signal from any Provider of Satellite signal, txsgent
txsgent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:36 PM   #20
bigdaddywheat
Bronze Member

Default ***Linkbox 8000 HD Local - New Setup - No Signal

Quote:
Originally Posted by txsgent View Post
This is my view and some others..
you purchased an FTA Receiver.. it is designed to power up.. Legacy LNBs.... not Dish Pro LNBS... therefore you are putting a strain on the power supply of the FTA receiver to try and provide enough power to power them up...
Dish Pro Plus triple lnb is a power hog... it uses much more miliamps than a legacy or even a Dish Pro LNB uses....
if you have a friend who has.. a DN VIP or DP receiver.. they are not using.. you can use it to help power up the power hogs.... .. or you can add more FTA receivers to the setup.. since you have 3 outputs all total.. you could add 2 more fta receivers to other rooms.. just can't use the same P$ code on more than one receiver at a time...
It is your call your money.... not ours.. we can only provide suggestions .. and share our limited knowledge... the rest is up to you...
FTA Receivers put out.. 13v and 18v when changing channels..goes from 13v on one channel to 18v on the next... then back to 13v on the next.. more or less..

read this.... it just might give you a better grasp of what we are talking about...
http://www.ftaconcept.com/showthread.php?t=80018

something to think about.. you can search the web and sites.. and eventually find the answer you are looking for... that does not mean it is the correct answer.... you know like ERWrs sites and ELWrs sites... lol

hope that helps..good luck
txsgent
Your explanation brighten the light a bit for me. I can see why that even if it does work doesn't mean its the best way to go. You could destroy a receiver

Thanks a bunch and yes it helps. I'm believer that we all have something to learn in this game. Your knowledge and information is greatly appreciated.