Quantcast 118 and dp lnb advice - Page 2 - FTA Bin Files Servers LinkBox Pinwheel DreamLink Jynxbox IPTV

Members: 164,238
Threads: 142,993
Online: 3698

Newest Member: JoRod

110 118 119 129 IKS B3Vikstv create-m3u-list Fish TV Free to air Free to air decoders Iptv promotion Looks good Net90 Local new bin Net90 Plus New bin RXIKS Info SAT9182 IKS Sonicview 8000 setup info South RX IKS

* New promotion VIP sign up, $1 per month. Click Here for more info. The money will help us with the costs to host and maintain this site *

Go Back   FTA Bin Files Servers LinkBox Pinwheel DreamLink Jynxbox IPTV > FTA Receivers - Discussions & Files > Linkbox

Notices

118 and dp lnb advice

Linkbox

Old 10-19-2015, 02:26 AM   #21
Surreptitiousss
Administrator

Surreptitiousss has disabled reputation

Good for you figuring out the mod for the lnb. I never knew that could be done.
I'm surprised it only needs to be turned 45, maybe you took some photos of the mod for others to see.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:30 PM   #22
supwiddiss
Gold Member

supwiddiss has a reputation beyond reputesupwiddiss has a reputation beyond reputesupwiddiss has a reputation beyond reputesupwiddiss has a reputation beyond reputesupwiddiss has a reputation beyond reputesupwiddiss has a reputation beyond reputesupwiddiss has a reputation beyond reputesupwiddiss has a reputation beyond reputesupwiddiss has a reputation beyond reputesupwiddiss has a reputation beyond reputesupwiddiss has a reputation beyond repute

Had to take a little break. i pondered by a retired Wild Blue Viasat 28" dish and took the TRIO off and the front reflector. Fabricated a bracket and took pieces of and old car mirror taped to the perimeter to roughly get the focal distance. I tried the fill it with water and dip a ruler in calculations, which did not pan out too well. Pun intended!

After reading about lowering the local oscillator freq. of chuck and dave lnb's, I opted to buy a new dn lnb with built in switch for 110, 118.7. and 119. It's p/n 163060. Pretty nifty.

For experimenters I'd like to share a few things.
After opening a dave and chuck lnb and reading about modding the local oscillator freq. from 11250 down to 10750 it's fun playing around and scanning to see what you can get. But really, take a plunge and get a correct lnb. I had the best luck tuning the DRO by dremeling the dip from a disc capacitor and gluing it to the adjustment screw, rather than gluing chunks to the DRO. Then creeping down in frequency with the screw bringing the cap closer to the DRO. No microwave bench equipment here.

Reverse engineering dpp lnb's with internal switch, I can verify that the receiver ports are definitely diode isolated. Except for lnb in, where an additional lnb would get its power to run. So although a dp44 switch is suggested, feeding port 1 (the left most port) 22vdc from a quality 2a switcher, one isn't really needed. There is no backfeed voltage coming from the lnb receiver ports and your receiver will run cooler. No power insertion and the chipsets of my LB 8000HD and T5 make nice waffle irons. 22 volts at port 1 and the chips stay a moderate warm. I'm getting 129 from a different dish into LNB In. Makes me wonder what happens when people use a dish motor along with a power hungry lnb.

My fabricated dish arm was at first fastened with zip ties so that I could peak signal by lengthening and shortening distance to dish. I was using a LB 8000HD out in the garage. It's s/q display is sucky. The displayed bars are just not resolved enough to peak a dish. I don't have a meter like a Bird Dog. But my T5...wow what a difference! S/Q is displayed in single digits so adjusting arm length and dish angles was a breeze.

I concentrated on peaking Anik 3 and then bolting the arm down after finding out where signal was hottest. Then adjusting skew for peak on 110 and 118. Suggested skew angles will get you there, but I went by 2 degree increments either way until I got max signal from both. 119 was rock solid at 98%. Same for 110. 118 hovers around 72%. I'm sure a larger dish would fix that.

There are interesting channels on 118. My server supports it and I was curious.
I'm guessing there was an ECM. At this moment can anyone verify if anything is coming in on it?
I had channels last night, none now except for the open chuck one.

Hope you like my rant.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ViaSat-Dish.jpg (61.5 KB)
supwiddiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 02:56 PM   #23
Surreptitiousss
Administrator

Thanks for all the new information - you did a great job.
I agree with you a larger dish would increase Q on 118. It needs a minimum 30" & bigger is better.
There was an ECM yesterday & another today about 4:00 pm eastern time peeps are saying.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:46 PM   #24
supwiddiss
Gold Member

supwiddiss has a reputation beyond reputesupwiddiss has a reputation beyond reputesupwiddiss has a reputation beyond reputesupwiddiss has a reputation beyond reputesupwiddiss has a reputation beyond reputesupwiddiss has a reputation beyond reputesupwiddiss has a reputation beyond reputesupwiddiss has a reputation beyond reputesupwiddiss has a reputation beyond reputesupwiddiss has a reputation beyond reputesupwiddiss has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Surr. Hope the stuff was absorbable. Sometimes what I don't know, its fun to find out why. Donor stuff helps too.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:15 PM   #25
pepek3547
Bronze Member

pepek3547 is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone knows how to get service on 118.7 dish??
pepek3547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:39 PM   #26
supwiddiss
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepek3547 View Post
anyone knows how to get service on 118.7 dish??
Kind of vague. What exactly are you looking for?
You need equipment and a sub at the very least.
Old 05-06-2017, 07:52 AM   #27
pepek3547
Bronze Member

I have the equipment for 118 but all channels are scrambled
Old 05-06-2017, 08:01 AM   #28
supwiddiss
Gold Member

Quote:
they will be unless you subscribe.
are you getting any other sats?
Old 05-06-2017, 12:05 PM   #29
Surreptitiousss
Administrator

Quote:

There was some discussion in the VIP area - some were reported to have lost support while others have not. You'd have to become VIP (just $12/yr) to view those posts.
Old 05-07-2017, 05:55 PM   #30
pepek3547
Bronze Member

will be great to have 119 110 129 and 118.7 I already have all the equipment . Please help how can I get subscribe
Old 05-07-2017, 06:05 PM   #31
pepek3547
Bronze Member

Im a member now
Old 05-07-2017, 07:57 PM   #32
Surreptitiousss
Administrator

Try reading this section http://www.ftaconcept.com/forumdisplay.php?f=533