Quantcast Newbie, needs to get things started - FTA Bin Files Servers LinkBox Pinwheel DreamLink Jynxbox IPTV

Members: 164,071
Threads: 140,552
Online: 4959

Newest Member: Tony Tyler

b42891 sat's 91-82 Channel Master dish alignment Dreamlink T5 channels DTV dish mod ftaconcept is back!!! IKS south Jynxbox signal problems Linkbox 9000I 110 Linkbox IPTV m3u file nano 2 Quetz @ 77w Samsung sat9182 announcement Sonicview bin transponders

* New promotion VIP sign up, $1 per month. Click Here for more info. The money will help us with the costs to host and maintain this site *

Go Back   FTA Bin Files Servers LinkBox Pinwheel DreamLink Jynxbox IPTV > International Forums > Indian

Notices

Newbie, needs to get things started

Indian

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 11:43 PM   #1
Ndn Guy
Silver Member

Ndn Guy is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Newbie, needs to get things started

Hi All,

I tried looking around the newbie forums but could not find something similar to my dilemma. I am a directv user my father loves this one Indian Channel Aastha and it use to be on directv until they moved to to dish network.

So going on the Aastha site they have there coordinates to go to free to air, which is why i'm here. they list to get the channel

Television Channel:AASTHA
Satellite:IS 10 at 68.50o East
Band:C Band
Transponder No.:14C
Downlink Freq.:3773 MHz (or 3774 MHz)
Polarisation:Vertical
Symbol Rate:2.944 Msy/s
Modulation Type:QPSK
FEC:3/4

So i'm looking for something that will give me this channel and others if possible. I have the Directv international dish already up, so could i use this or would i need to buy a whole new setup? I know i will need a receiver, i'm looking for something that will give me 1080 i or p.

From what i have read so far i want to know a receiver that has a lot of support just in case i run into issues. Also where you do guys get BIN files and do you have to purchase them?

Thank you so much for all of your help.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:20 AM   #2
setwire
Banned

setwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndn Guy View Post
Hi All,

I tried looking around the newbie forums but could not find something similar to my dilemma. I am a directv user my father loves this one Indian Channel Aastha and it use to be on directv until they moved to to dish network.

So going on the Aastha site they have there coordinates to go to free to air, which is why i'm here. they list to get the channel

Television Channel:AASTHA
Satellite:IS 10 at 68.50o East
Band:C Band
Transponder No.:14C
Downlink Freq.:3773 MHz (or 3774 MHz)
Polarisation:Vertical
Symbol Rate:2.944 Msy/s
Modulation Type:QPSK
FEC:3/4

So i'm looking for something that will give me this channel and others if possible. I have the Directv international dish already up, so could i use this or would i need to buy a whole new setup? I know i will need a receiver, i'm looking for something that will give me 1080 i or p.

From what i have read so far i want to know a receiver that has a lot of support just in case i run into issues. Also where you do guys get BIN files and do you have to purchase them?

Thank you so much for all of your help.
Look at the location of that sat ------68.5 degrees East -----You will have to move to India in order to receive a signal from that Sat.

Your best bet for South Asian channels in North America is the AnikF3 Sat at 118.7 degrees West.

33inch Dish and Special low frequency circular LNB will get you that Sat.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:17 AM   #3
Ndn Guy
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by setwire View Post
Look at the location of that sat ------68.5 degrees East -----You will have to move to India in order to receive a signal from that Sat.

Your best bet for South Asian channels in North America is the AnikF3 Sat at 118.7 degrees West.

33inch Dish and Special low frequency circular LNB will get you that Sat.
Thank you for your help, according to this site http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/dish119.html

Aastha International is 11819L
tp 8
DVB-S
SR 20000
FEC 3/4
Nagravision 3
SID: 648
APID: Hi

Can you tell me what does this mean and how can i use this information to help me get started?
Old 07-18-2011, 02:02 PM   #4
foebage
Gold Member

foebage has a reputation beyond reputefoebage has a reputation beyond reputefoebage has a reputation beyond reputefoebage has a reputation beyond reputefoebage has a reputation beyond reputefoebage has a reputation beyond reputefoebage has a reputation beyond reputefoebage has a reputation beyond reputefoebage has a reputation beyond reputefoebage has a reputation beyond reputefoebage has a reputation beyond repute

An x-factor, I-link, or any IKS enabled box would give u this channel as long as the server is up. Look at 97W for FTA channels there are lots of international channels that can be viewed with small dish and linear LNB. http://www.lyngsat.com/galaxy19.html
Poke around .. You will find what you need. Good luck.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:16 PM   #5
foebage
Gold Member

foebage has a reputation beyond reputefoebage has a reputation beyond reputefoebage has a reputation beyond reputefoebage has a reputation beyond reputefoebage has a reputation beyond reputefoebage has a reputation beyond reputefoebage has a reputation beyond reputefoebage has a reputation beyond reputefoebage has a reputation beyond reputefoebage has a reputation beyond reputefoebage has a reputation beyond repute

If you live in the United States or Canada . You won't get the 68.50o East sat. It's below the horizon. Even with large C-Band dish that would be a no go. You can look at dishpointer.com and plug in your sat and location to determine this.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:21 PM   #6
Ndn Guy
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foebage View Post
An x-factor, I-link, or any IKS enabled box would give u this channel as long as the server is up. Look at 97W for FTA channels there are lots of international channels that can be viewed with small dish and linear LNB. http://www.lyngsat.com/galaxy19.html
Poke around .. You will find what you need. Good luck.
Thanks Setwire,

i was thinking of getting a Soncview 8000 HD, since it seems like the most support receiver on this site.

Here is the current setup

the width of the international dish

Closer view of the tape

The single LNB

The cable spliter, since i have two receivers

after looking at this, do you think i will need to purchase a new LNB and dish or just LNB?
Old 07-18-2011, 02:35 PM   #7
Surreptitiousss
Administrator

Surreptitiousss has disabled reputation

Quote:
Thank you for your help, according to this site http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/dish119.html

Aastha International is 11819L
tp 8
DVB-S
SR 20000
FEC 3/4
Nagravision 3
SID: 648
APID: Hi

Can you tell me what does this mean and how can i use this information to help me get started?

This ch is #648 on dik. http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/dish119.html
It is on sat 118.8 Transponder #8 freq 11819
The rest is how it is transmitted & that it is an encrypted N3 channel

If you are interested in viewing this ch on true fta it won't work from the western hemisphere, if you are interested in seeing it using iks check the ch list & consider all the brands that are up on that ch. The buttons on the bottom of the page change the ch lists for different sats. Others may also support ch #648 but not be up at the time the lists were redone.

Code:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tY5yYarz54zUYizXbNs5rJg&authkey=COHs2xk#gid=89
Old 07-18-2011, 02:41 PM   #8
foebage
Gold Member

Hey that looks like a linear LNB to me !! Notice the skew adjustment.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:49 PM   #9
Ndn Guy
Silver Member

I live in Los Angeles, California, and before i found this site (which is the best btw, i went to a couple of other with no response) i noticed the other link i sent. So can i go with the Sonicview 8000 HD?
Old 07-18-2011, 02:51 PM   #10
Ndn Guy
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreptitiousss View Post
This ch is #648 on dik. http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/dish119.html
It is on sat 118.8 Transponder #8 freq 11819
The rest is how it is transmitted & that it is an encrypted N3 channel

If you are interested in viewing this ch on true fta it won't work from the western hemisphere, if you are interested in seeing it using iks check the ch list & consider all the brands that are up on that ch. The buttons on the bottom of the page change the ch lists for different sats. Others may also support ch #648 but not be up at the time the lists were redone.

Code:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tY5yYarz54zUYizXbNs5rJg&authkey=COHs2xk#gid=89
according to this only the NanoSat Seems to get any channels, why is that?
Old 07-18-2011, 02:56 PM   #11
foebage
Gold Member

NANO seems to be the most solid of all the "cousins" with support for music channels and International on 118.7w and 61.5.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:12 PM   #12
setwire
Banned

setwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you live in the United States or Canada . You won't get the 68.50o East sat. It's below the horizon. Even with large C-Band dish that would be a no go. You can look at dishpointer.com and plug in your sat and location to determine this.
Not just below horizon ------It is on the opposite side of the world LOL
---as i posted up earlier.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:27 PM   #13
foebage
Gold Member

Indeed it is on the other side of the world.

LA, CA
Latitude:
Longitude: -118.2437

Name: 68.5E INTELSAT 10 (IS-10) | INTELSAT 7 (IS-7)
Distance: 47543km

Motor Latitude: 34.1
Declination Angle: 5.5
Dish Elevation:
Elevation: -59.7
Azimuth (true): 168.1
Azimuth (magn.): 155.4
LNB Skew [?]: 9.9
Dish Skew [?]: 90.0
Old 07-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #14
foebage
Gold Member

From La you could hit some wild sats though..
starting wth...
Name: 166E INTELSAT 8 (IS-8)
Distance: 41337km

Dish Elevation:
Elevation: 3.1
Azimuth (true): 261.9
Azimuth (magn.): 249.2
LNB Skew [?]: 55.1

Name: 169E INTELSAT 5 (IS-5)
Distance: 41065km

Dish Elevation:
Elevation: 5.6
Azimuth (true): 260.1
Azimuth (magn.): 247.5
LNB Skew [?]: 54.7
Name: 172E AMC-23
Distance: 40796km

Dish Elevation:
Elevation: 8.0
Azimuth (true): 258.3
Azimuth (magn.): 245.7
LNB Skew [?]: 54.2

Being on the west coast gives u some other options !!
ETC.....
Old 07-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #15
Ndn Guy
Silver Member

Quote:
From La you could hit some wild sats though..
starting wth...
Name: 166E INTELSAT 8 (IS-8)
Distance: 41337km

Dish Elevation:
Elevation: 3.1
Azimuth (true): 261.9
Azimuth (magn.): 249.2
LNB Skew [?]: 55.1

Name: 169E INTELSAT 5 (IS-5)
Distance: 41065km

Dish Elevation:
Elevation: 5.6
Azimuth (true): 260.1
Azimuth (magn.): 247.5
LNB Skew [?]: 54.7
Name: 172E AMC-23
Distance: 40796km

Dish Elevation:
Elevation: 8.0
Azimuth (true): 258.3
Azimuth (magn.): 245.7
LNB Skew [?]: 54.2

Being on the west coast gives u some other options !!
ETC.....
well that is something that i would also like to know, since i would have to shell out $$$ for a receiver anyway, would it be possible to get other channels as well?
Old 07-19-2011, 09:02 AM   #16
Ndn Guy
Silver Member

I check this morning and these are the Sats that i can reach from my home.

Latitude: 33.9140
Longitude: -118.1227

Satellite: 119W DIRECTV 7S | ECHOSTAR 14 | ECHOSTAR 7
Elevation: 50.6
Azimuth (true): 181.6
Azimuth (magn.): 169.0

Distance: 37047km
Elevation: 50.6
Azimuth (true): 181.6
Azimuth (magn.): 169.0
LNB Skew [?]: 1.3
Old 11-20-2016, 08:56 PM   #17
foebage
Gold Member

Default Zinwell switch

Quote:
Thanks Setwire,

i was thinking of getting a Soncview 8000 HD, since it seems like the most support receiver on this site.

Here is the current setup

the width of the international dish

Closer view of the tape

The single LNB

The cable spliter, since i have two receivers

after looking at this, do you think i will need to purchase a new LNB and dish or just LNB?
I have the same switch. Just haven't installed it yet.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:58 PM   #18
foebage
Gold Member

If Dish Netowork carries that particular channel you can get it with IKS.