Quantcast s/pdif support for I-link - FTA Bin Files Servers LinkBox Pinwheel DreamLink Jynxbox IPTV

Members: 164,233
Threads: 142,928
Online: 4473

Newest Member: glejai

110 118 119 129 IKS B3Vikstv create-m3u-list Fish TV Free to air Free to air decoders Iptv promotion Looks good Net90 Local new bin Net90 Plus New bin RXIKS Info SAT9182 IKS Sonicview 8000 setup info South RX IKS

* New promotion VIP sign up, $1 per month. Click Here for more info. The money will help us with the costs to host and maintain this site *

Go Back   FTA Bin Files Servers LinkBox Pinwheel DreamLink Jynxbox IPTV > FTA Receivers - Discussions & Files > I-Link > I-Link Solo > I-Link Solo Guides and Discussions

Notices

s/pdif support for I-link

I-Link Solo Guides and Discussions

Old 02-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #1
two-dogs
Bronze Member

two-dogs is an unknown quantity at this point

Default s/pdif support for I-link

Ok hope someone can help me with my surround sound from my HT-E550 Samsung. One the back of my 9600 I have a s/pdif connection and on the back of my dvd has a digital connection. I have installed a cable from the 9600 using the s/pdif connection and the other to the digital on the back of the dvd (HT-E550) but I have no sound. I had a 9500 and the s/pdif was not supported and I was told the 9600 was, so what do I need to do to get sound from my surround system.................sure could use some input on this ...............thanks.......two-dogs
two-dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:03 PM   #2
Surreptitiousss
Administrator

Surreptitiousss has disabled reputation

You may have to turn the spdif on in the menu - try loooking in user or set up settings.

You will also have to tell the HT that you want it to use spdif when in the sat/tv setting.

Code:
http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/Manuals/305/305HTE5500.PDF
Old 02-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #3
two-dogs
Bronze Member

Thanks Surrepititousss (what a nick) for answering my post. I would just like to say that I installed a dish receiver to the surround sound system and it worked using a digital cable. When I hooked up the i-link no sound from the surround sound. You said in your first sentence turn on the s/pdif did you mean on the tv or the i-link. If you are talking about on the tv then why did it work with the dish receiver, but at this point I will try anything. Thanks for spending time looking up the link for my unit............two-dogs
Old 02-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #4
Surreptitiousss
Administrator

I meant on the ilink - somewhere there probably is a place to turn it on. User settings or video/audio set up???
Old 02-19-2013, 05:53 PM   #5
two-dogs
Bronze Member

Only place is tv settings and no options for the s/pdif anywhere. It has audio output stereo or mono or dolby output on or off. Now my fish has quit working so will have to wait till it comes up before I can try anything else..............thanks for your help..........two-dogs
Old 02-19-2013, 06:37 PM   #6
Surreptitiousss
Administrator

Your welcome
Afterthought, You can try spdif direct to tv to see if it works then try & figure out the HT.