Quantcast Dead Receiver answer. - Page 4 - FTA Bin Files Servers LinkBox Pinwheel MegaTVi Jynxbox iLink

Members: 153,551
Threads: 102,137
Online: 222

Newest Member: chpuchi

1000.2 dish activa binfile BsCrz9 channel list channel problem COOLVIEW X3 Dongle Setting Dreamlink T5 server setup Fixing boot loop freesat 800hd fta dish FTA no dish Hard Drive DVR iks4less in iLink 9800 HD setup Jynxbox Clone Safe Jynxbox HD No Picture Fix JynxBox M6 Linbox 300 File Linkbox 300A - SID Linkbox 300A file Linkbox 8000 HD Linkbox 8000 HD Local Linkbox 8000 Setup Server LinkBox Giveaway Linkbox HD 8000 LinkBox Local New File LinkBox Plus New File lnb & switch info LS400 ls500 LS500 board Mega TV file MegaTVI Review Mega TVi SHD3000 Missing channels NANO HD Navi-X Need Help newbi nfucion Private Reset password sat 129 SG2100 motor sonicview 360 Sonicview power supply Star Cricket Star TV sv8000hd viewsat viewsat platinum lite Viewsat Ultra VPN client WIZ110SR from 4.31 to 4.12

* New promotion VIP sign up, $1 per month. Click Here for more info. The money will help us with the costs to host and maintain this site *

Go Back   FTA Bin Files Servers LinkBox Pinwheel MegaTVi Jynxbox iLink > FTA Receivers - Discussions & Files > Sonicview > Sonicview 8000 HD > Sonicview 8000 HD - Guides & Discussions

Notices

Sonicview 8000 HD - Guides & Discussions Do Not Post Any Files Here

Dead Receiver answer.

Sonicview 8000 HD - Guides & Discussions

Old 02-08-2012, 07:20 AM   #61
fixitman
VIP Member

fixitman has a reputation beyond reputefixitman has a reputation beyond reputefixitman has a reputation beyond reputefixitman has a reputation beyond reputefixitman has a reputation beyond reputefixitman has a reputation beyond reputefixitman has a reputation beyond reputefixitman has a reputation beyond reputefixitman has a reputation beyond reputefixitman has a reputation beyond reputefixitman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by usbjtag View Post
SV8000 HD can now be JTAGed and very fast on 0.56. Check this video
hXXp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf3b2U_87uM&list=UUeROc7wtDg_976eV_b5lOIw& index=1&feature=plcp

0.56 was released and it is even faster on programming (322KB/s) and backup (384KB/s)
Several months back I purchased a 20 pin jtag cable with 20 pin header that goes into 20 hole jtag pad. However, I was never able to find the needed program. The youtube video shows 0.55 program being used....is this pretty much the same as 0.56 program?

Can you post link for program?

Thank you so very much for info, help and hopefully a means to revive my dead sv8000hd.

Last edited by Surreptitiousss; 02-12-2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: No live links
fixitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #62
setwire
Banned

setwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond reputesetwire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixitman View Post
Several months back I purchased a 20 pin jtag cable with 20 pin header that goes into 20 hole jtag pad. However, I was never able to find the needed program. The youtube video shows 0.55 program being used....is this pretty much the same as 0.56 program?

Thank you so very much for info, help and hopefully a means to revive my dead sv8000hd.
What is wrong with the receiver.?

I have not heard of anyone successfully Jtaging a SV8000HD receiver back to life.

Perhaps if you post up some information on what the receiver is doing we can help you.
setwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #63
fixitman
VIP Member

fixitman has a reputation beyond reputefixitman has a reputation beyond reputefixitman has a reputation beyond reputefixitman has a reputation beyond reputefixitman has a reputation beyond reputefixitman has a reputation beyond reputefixitman has a reputation beyond reputefixitman has a reputation beyond reputefixitman has a reputation beyond reputefixitman has a reputation beyond reputefixitman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by setwire View Post
What is wrong with the receiver.? I have not heard of anyone successfully Jtaging a SV8000HD receiver back to life. Perhaps if you post up some information on what the receiver is doing we can help you.
Have you watched the youtube jtagging video from post #61??

Green Light Syndrone is what's wrong with receiver!! Details of problems previously posted...received numerous replies with some from you Setwire...all appreciated but none rendered successful results.

Thanks again for your reply Setwire.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #64
usbjtag
Bronze Member

usbjtag has a reputation beyond reputeusbjtag has a reputation beyond reputeusbjtag has a reputation beyond reputeusbjtag has a reputation beyond reputeusbjtag has a reputation beyond reputeusbjtag has a reputation beyond reputeusbjtag has a reputation beyond reputeusbjtag has a reputation beyond reputeusbjtag has a reputation beyond reputeusbjtag has a reputation beyond reputeusbjtag has a reputation beyond repute

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeG6kjH9cbQ&list=FLeROc7wtDg_976eV_b5lOIw&index=1&feature=plcp
Shows 0.56 software. 0.56 improves the program and read speed. The next release 0.57 will be even faster in reading.

The Sonicview 8000HD can now be JTAGed with USB JTAG NT. The out of stock JTAG NT uses standard 14 pin MIPS JTAG pinout. So when you use it on ST40 target (Sti7100 etc), you need to manually connect each pins. One little trick is that TRST pin, it cannot use the TRST pin from USB JTAG NT. You need to use pin 13 of USB JTAG NT to the TRST of ST40 board. This is to allow JTAG select the core (Sti7100 has 4 cores and use TRST combined with TCK selects the ST40 core, this is non-standard of JTAG protocol).

If anyone interested you can go to XXXXX to discuss. The software is available to download but you have to use the hardware from that site to be able to program your Sonicview 8000 HD.

Last edited by Surreptitiousss; 02-12-2012 at 12:42 PM.
usbjtag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #65
usbjtag
Bronze Member

usbjtag has a reputation beyond reputeusbjtag has a reputation beyond reputeusbjtag has a reputation beyond reputeusbjtag has a reputation beyond reputeusbjtag has a reputation beyond reputeusbjtag has a reputation beyond reputeusbjtag has a reputation beyond reputeusbjtag has a reputation beyond reputeusbjtag has a reputation beyond reputeusbjtag has a reputation beyond reputeusbjtag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixitman View Post

If you purchased 20 pin JTAG for ARM then it will never work. The JTAG is the combination of hardware and software. There is no universal JTAG. So do not expect your 20 pin JTAG will program Sti 7100 (Your SV8000HD) unless it says it can.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:54 AM   #66
fixitman
VIP Member

Quote:
If you purchased 20 pin JTAG for ARM then it will never work. The JTAG is the combination of hardware and software. There is no universal JTAG. So do not expect your 20 pin JTAG will program Sti 7100 (Your SV8000HD) unless it says it can.
Hey Usbjtag...Just read your replies...thanks for the info here and in post #63.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:19 AM   #67
Happy FTA'r
God Bless FTAConcept

Happy FTA'r has a reputation beyond reputeHappy FTA'r has a reputation beyond reputeHappy FTA'r has a reputation beyond reputeHappy FTA'r has a reputation beyond reputeHappy FTA'r has a reputation beyond reputeHappy FTA'r has a reputation beyond reputeHappy FTA'r has a reputation beyond reputeHappy FTA'r has a reputation beyond reputeHappy FTA'r has a reputation beyond reputeHappy FTA'r has a reputation beyond reputeHappy FTA'r has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by who-me View Post
If the front of your receiver is dead, put the usb stick in and it does not light up.
Push the buttons on the remote or front panel and only get a little blinking light.
Both green leds light up on the mother board and you are sure it is not the Power Supply.
Receiver was working just fine but, after you Loaded soft ware, shut off the receiver with the rear switch, turned it back on and now nothing, dead !!!!

Here is your repair answer. You MUST replace the S29GL128N FLASH

They are for sale on eBay for about $9.00 including shipping.

Here is the down side. Surface mount IC. The pitch is super small (Distance between legs)
So, you will need someone who knows how to replace these type of ICs.
I attached a picture of the IC on the mother board so you will be able to locat it easly.

This information is directly from a technician in China who services these.

He indicated, shutting off the receiver before a completed down load or a bogus soft ware load can lock up the FLASH IC and render the receiver useless.

I replaced the one I had trouble with and all is up and running.
I hope this will help others with the same problem.

Happy holidays !
MINES DOING WHAT WHO-ME'S WAS DOING.I hope this does work and i have a working unit to save the flash from or backup from to use the jtag program

I'm gonna try this, already to do it, well first i have to wait for the Spansion S29GL128N90TF1RI S29GL128 Nand Flash Sonicview, which will be a little bit. but i think im gonna have to flash it.Maybe i can use this hxxp://wXw.youtube.com/watch?v=mf3b2U_87uM&list=UUeROc7wtDg_976eV_b5lOIw& index=1&feature=plcp But i would love to know ,,,,,do you go from PC to STB with serial cable or using an external board or from PC-USB to STB? USBJTAG can you tell me? Thanks
Wil

Please do not post live links

Anything I discuss on the subject of satellites, is strictly, hypothetical and in theory, and on an educational basis. I do not condone, recommend, nor do I practice the theft of any signal from any Provider of Satellite signal.....PS i stole this..

Last edited by Surreptitiousss; 03-12-2012 at 12:06 AM. Reason: remove live links
Happy FTA'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #68
onghieu777
Silver Member

onghieu777 has a reputation beyond reputeonghieu777 has a reputation beyond reputeonghieu777 has a reputation beyond reputeonghieu777 has a reputation beyond reputeonghieu777 has a reputation beyond reputeonghieu777 has a reputation beyond reputeonghieu777 has a reputation beyond reputeonghieu777 has a reputation beyond reputeonghieu777 has a reputation beyond reputeonghieu777 has a reputation beyond reputeonghieu777 has a reputation beyond repute

it still not work,i change the chip still dead
onghieu777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #69
who-me
VIP Member

who-me has a reputation beyond reputewho-me has a reputation beyond reputewho-me has a reputation beyond reputewho-me has a reputation beyond reputewho-me has a reputation beyond reputewho-me has a reputation beyond reputewho-me has a reputation beyond reputewho-me has a reputation beyond reputewho-me has a reputation beyond reputewho-me has a reputation beyond reputewho-me has a reputation beyond repute

Just received some info. This might help.
Check the capacitors on the main board C208, C160 & C161
One person told me today that there was a shorted cap on the main board.
Had the no front panel lighting up and only the led blinking when using the remote.
I am waiting on a reply to find out wich cap it was.
Two days ago he said he was going to change the three that I just mentioned.
He said it fixed the problem and the receiver was alive again and running just fine.
If he emails me with the answer, I will post it.
So in the mean time. Check those caps.
who-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #70
Happy FTA'r
God Bless FTAConcept

Happy FTA'r has a reputation beyond reputeHappy FTA'r has a reputation beyond reputeHappy FTA'r has a reputation beyond reputeHappy FTA'r has a reputation beyond reputeHappy FTA'r has a reputation beyond reputeHappy FTA'r has a reputation beyond reputeHappy FTA'r has a reputation beyond reputeHappy FTA'r has a reputation beyond reputeHappy FTA'r has a reputation beyond reputeHappy FTA'r has a reputation beyond reputeHappy FTA'r has a reputation beyond repute

im up for it almost ready :lol

Anything I discuss on the subject of satellites, is strictly, hypothetical and in theory, and on an educational basis. I do not condone, recommend, nor do I practice the theft of any signal from any Provider of Satellite signal.....PS i stole this..
Old 03-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #71
usbjtag
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilzhear View Post
MINES DOING WHAT WHO-ME'S WAS DOING.I hope this does work and i have a working unit to save the flash from or backup from to use the jtag program
[IMG]hxxp://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll162/wilzhear/span.jpg[/IMG]

I'm gonna try this, already to do it, well first i have to wait for the Spansion S29GL128N90TF1RI S29GL128 Nand Flash Sonicview, which will be a little bit. but i think im gonna have to flash it.Maybe i can use this hxxp://wxw.youtube.com/watch?v=mf3b2...1&feature=plcp But i would love to know ,,,,,do you go from PC to STB with serial cable or using an external board or from PC-USB to STB? USBJTAG can you tell me? Thanks
Wil
No. I do not. The JTAG is much faster than the serial port. It can have all the job done.

Last edited by Surreptitiousss; 03-12-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #72
Happy FTA'r
God Bless FTAConcept

hey how come i cant pm you Thanks

Old 03-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #73
js3811
Super Moderator

js3811 has a reputation beyond reputejs3811 has a reputation beyond reputejs3811 has a reputation beyond reputejs3811 has a reputation beyond reputejs3811 has a reputation beyond reputejs3811 has a reputation beyond reputejs3811 has a reputation beyond reputejs3811 has a reputation beyond reputejs3811 has a reputation beyond reputejs3811 has a reputation beyond reputejs3811 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilzhear View Post
hey how come i cant pm you Thanks
Hey W,
You can't pm him cause he's not a VIP.

Take care.

I may not always be right but i'm never wrong.

This site doesn't condone or support the use of iks private servers or public servers or sks servers & neither do I
js3811 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #74
Happy FTA'r
God Bless FTAConcept

Duh My bad , never noticed the Bronze

Old 03-11-2012, 10:14 PM   #75
Happy FTA'r
God Bless FTAConcept

Quote:
No. I do not. The JTAG is much faster than the serial port. It can have all the job done.
Been trying to get on that site and im activated ,,,,but no go as to signinig on??? i want to know which product to buy for the 8000 USBJTAG?

Last edited by Happy FTA'r; 03-11-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:51 AM   #76
Happy FTA'r
God Bless FTAConcept

Quote:
Just received some info. This might help.
Check the capacitors on the main board C208, C160 & C161
One person told me today that there was a shorted cap on the main board.
Had the no front panel lighting up and only the led blinking when using the remote.
I am waiting on a reply to find out wich cap it was.
Two days ago he said he was going to change the three that I just mentioned.
He said it fixed the problem and the receiver was alive again and running just fine.
If he emails me with the answer, I will post it.
So in the mean time. Check those caps.
Well jut got done switching out and testing and its a no go, just the lights on mainboard and red blinking light up front when i hit menu... Oh well time to try something else, like the usbjtag

Old 03-14-2012, 09:40 AM   #77
who-me
VIP Member

who-me has a reputation beyond reputewho-me has a reputation beyond reputewho-me has a reputation beyond reputewho-me has a reputation beyond reputewho-me has a reputation beyond reputewho-me has a reputation beyond reputewho-me has a reputation beyond reputewho-me has a reputation beyond reputewho-me has a reputation beyond reputewho-me has a reputation beyond reputewho-me has a reputation beyond repute

I have just received information from my source that he j-taged several dead 8000HD receivers and ALL are up and running. Same problem most have. LEDs OK Fan OK PS OK but front panel down and nothing happens.
I decided to start learning about J-TAG. Hope this information helps someone.
Please no PM or questions on this. I do not know anything else. Just passing it on.
Now I need to learn more.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #78
Wil_
Bronze Member

Wil_ has a reputation beyond reputeWil_ has a reputation beyond reputeWil_ has a reputation beyond reputeWil_ has a reputation beyond reputeWil_ has a reputation beyond reputeWil_ has a reputation beyond reputeWil_ has a reputation beyond reputeWil_ has a reputation beyond reputeWil_ has a reputation beyond reputeWil_ has a reputation beyond reputeWil_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have just received information from my source that he j-taged several dead 8000HD receivers and ALL are up and running. Same problem most have. LEDs OK Fan OK PS OK but front panel down and nothing happens.
I decided to start learning about J-TAG. Hope this information helps someone.
Please no PM or questions on this. I do not know anything else. Just passing it on.
Now I need to learn more.
Ya Who-Me.... good info
i'm getting into this also......
Wil downsouth ...call me.i have some good news.....
Wil_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:56 AM   #79
fixitman
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil_ View Post
Ya Who-Me.... good info
i'm getting into this also......
Wil downsouth ...call me.i have some good news.....
It has been several months since you guys posted this info..have you gotten enough know how, whereas you can share? I can pm you if perferred. Thanks !!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:08 AM   #80
who-me
VIP Member

His information was really not good news at all. What he tried did not fix the dead receiver.